Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

ive just bought myself a copy of icewind dale 2 after a long spell and trying to work my way thru a few other games ie halo postal 2 and few othersand its takeing a bit to get head around this one but i know from the help that i had when trying to get thru wizards an warriors the people here are very helpfull so i thouhgt id say hi sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to IWD 2 forums! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

maybe next time you could use interpunction so we dont have to take so much trouble to see where one of your sentences begins and where one ends as of course every sentence has to begin and end somewhere and this is only a logical conclusion to the confusion someone has when he reads a post without interpunction thank you in advance
Old 08-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #4
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Howdy!
[img]smile.gif[/img]

I played about half of IWD2 but I sorta lost interest in it. I played it right after Neverwinter and it didn't stack quite as high. I'm sure I'll finish eventually. I'm good for questions till about Chapter 5.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:48 AM   #5
Sacred_Exile
Dungeon Master

Well satattagem whatever well welcome to Ice Wind Dale 2 forums-IWD2 forums well if you have any questions just come to me or technicly speaking write me well, I havn't been in IWD2 forum's very long but i'v played IWD2 ALOT so any questions write me and dont make any monks they kinda suck!

if you can't kill something get advice.
if advice doesn't help lvl a bit then go kill.
if you still can't kill get more advice.
if you still can't kill you suck someth'n else.
NO EFENSE!
Sacred_Exile
ohh and sometimes i'm not on for about a week so try writing me if i dont respond in the next 3 days try someone else. well cya!
Sacred_Exile!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Just FYI, monks rule. I'm now running an all-melee party with a fighter, rogue, paladin, ranger, barbarian and a monk. The monk is a Svirfneblin, and altho it's level adjustment is +3, he's got some 31 AC on level 4. Monks rule.

[ 08-03-2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 08-03-2004, 06:02 PM   #7
Sacred_Exile
Dungeon Master

By the way you saID MONKS RULE? well i'm pretty sure that they rule nothing but good ac!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:14 PM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Later they get to kill people by touching them, get self healing, cool spell resistance, much later they get 20 damage resistance, his to-hit is fair, his damage isn't that bad, but he suffers a bit from over-spreading of points. His hitpoints are fair enough for a fighter,but coupled with his invincible AC they're unkillable. He has some awesome saves and abilities that make him often a better combat choice than the rogue. He can stun people, and if in a properly blessed party he can jump from one guy to the next just stunning them or killing them. The only thing bad I can think of in a monk is his ki strike, because IMHO that should be a littlebit more powerful, but that's about it. My previous statement was over-stated, because every class is perfectly balanced with the next, but monks are a special breed of power nonetheless.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #9
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks everyone for your kind words, even if theres a few im not sure how to take just yet . if run in to any dramas ill be sure to ask. thanks again sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote