Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Kerros Trollslayer
Welcomed New User

I have the five badges that one gets after defeating all the leaders,but according to the walkthrough,I should get the sixth by talking to the guy in the throne room with the idol.There is only one small problem,the guy isn't there.now I can't get any further in the game because I can't get the last badge.Anyone have suggesstions?
Kerros Trollslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The item may have dropped on the floor if your characters inventories are completely full. Look around some more.

If you still can't find it, you'll probably have to use the cheat codes to create the sixth badge.

Check which badges you have just to make sure it isn't another one that you are missing.

The six badges are:

(SPOILER TO FOLLOW)

Joril's
Marketh's
Ilmadia's
Malavon's
Perdiem's
Korig (sp?)

The one you appear to be missing it Perdiem's.

The cheat code instructions are dependent on whether you have HOW installed or not. Let me know if you are playing with IWD installed only, IWD with the v1.06 patch or HOW.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

SOrry, where ARE my manners???

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-01-2002, 01:53 PM   #4
Kerros Trollslayer
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the welcome.Unfortunately,I have all of the five before Brother Perdiem.I am only playing the original IWD game,no patches,no HOW.(wanted to make sure I liked the game first).Now what.Thanks in advance and for your previous suggestions
Old 05-01-2002, 01:57 PM   #5
Kerros Trollslayer
Welcomed New User

Quick question.Where in the room was the priest supposed to be standing? I never even saw him,much less had the chance to talk to him.(reference my last reply).Thanks
Old 05-01-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Ok. First of all, I would suggest downloading the v1.06 patch for IWD as I believe its necessary for that patch to be installed for the cheat codes to work.

Now, as for the cheat codes:

You need to enable the cheat codes first. WIth the patch installed, I THINK you can do that by running the Icewind Dale Configuration program (should be accessible as one the options when you start up the game). In there, look under the game play tab, and in the upper right there is a box that says enable cheat console. click that and accept the changes. OR use a text editor to edit the "icewind.ini" file in the game directory. Add the line "Cheats=1" under the "[Game Options]" section.

Start the game and press [Ctrl] + [Tab] to display the console window.

In the console window, type this EXACTLY:

CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("perdiem")

that should do it! (if it doesn't work try typing PERDIEM in all caps - I cant quite remember the syntax of the cheat code)

[ 05-01-2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

Old 05-01-2002, 02:07 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Where was Perdiem standing??? oh jeeez ..... if memory serves, I THINK he was near the throne in the center, just a little down and to the right of the idol; either there or upper right corner. I really don;t remember for sure.

Old 05-01-2002, 04:19 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
SOrry, where ARE my manners???
Why worry about that now? You've never worried about having manners before. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Azred is suddenly beseiged by some of Foehammer's Cats, who chase him from the room, screaming....

[ 05-01-2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 06:28 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Sic' em Boys!!!! rotfl

btw, the global variable edit did the trick! That problem has been solved!

Old 05-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

There is nothing quite as effective as resetting the variables in your game. You can almost re-play the game without restarting by setting all variables back to 0. I've never tried that, though.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote