Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2002, 06:18 AM   #11
Zidane
Manshoon

Woooohoooooooo GOT HIM!

I had my Druid (Dreyfus Forestminda) cast wand of heavens on him twice in quick succession whilst my Ranger (Me - Lady Zidane), Fighter (Shakira Sordblaid) and Thief (Filch Pickapockit) fired at him with arrows of fire. Got the so and so before he could even think of casting dimension door.

The other two - my mage (Xavia Spelcasta) and my Paladin (Pedrix Palandrin) helped too with their bullets and darts.

I feel SOOOOO much better now that little $A=% is toast.

I think I will go and have a coffee now after all that. (My fella looks at me in total amusement cos he thinks these type of games suck - and him on his second rerun of Final Fantasy VII on the PS one!!!!)

Lady Zidane
Old 04-30-2002, 12:33 AM   #12
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Azred is that possible?
As Micah said, not it is not.

I just like using the fire devil. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #13
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Someguy wrote:
>This was the fight between me and nym.nym casted mordakin's sword.He is the one in the black.

I see you have a new signature (long) and that little Starwars animation is really cool. But I just wanted to mention something that I'd noticed in a few previous posts. "Casted" is not a word. The past tense of Cast is, Cast. (I'm sure your Mage knew that already) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Leafy ]
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 09:30 PM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

"Cool" is, indeed, an adjective; however, it makes no sense to apply that adjective to the noun "animation". As a collection of pixels on a computer monitor, the animation is not technically "cool" (which would mean it has less thermal energy than its surrounding environment).

Beginnng a sentence with the word "but" creates a sentence fragment. Sentence fragments are grammatical errors, but I'm certain your English teacher knew that already.

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Come on, Leafy. Give the poor SomeGuy a break! Having two mages battle each other with Mordenkainen's Sword is interesting to watch in IWD, I must admit. Try it! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2002, 06:10 PM   #15
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, yes Azred, starting a sentance with "but" is a fragment. The statement about the word "cool" not being able to describe an animation is just, well facetious. Are you saying the Starwars animation isn't "cool?" Of course not, you're just trying to be snooty. I was just trying to be helpfull. Come on, do you honestly think that someone would WANT to go around saying a word like "casted" without knowing how bad it sounds? Better a polite email (and i do believe it was polite), than being laughed at by your peers at the next D&D session. Really.. let's just be reasonable
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 06:31 PM   #16
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Hey Leafy I'm an 11 year old that hardly listens to my spelling and english teacher.What are you going to exspect?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 06:43 PM   #17
Azred
Drow Priestess

I'm always reasonable. As are you.

Just pulling your leg a little. I listen to the sprout come up with nonsense words all the time (he's only 6, so what can you expect?).

Snooty? *ponder* Ok. I'm mature enough to admit that I was a little snooty. No harm done, eh? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 04:49 AM   #18
Zidane
Manshoon

Now, getting back to my original topic

How many of you managed to KILL Nym?

And HOW?

Or didn't it bother you that he was such an evil sod (can I say sod?)

Cheers

Lady Zidane
Old 05-05-2002, 12:55 PM   #19
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I let him live ... and wished now that I had killed him. lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:03 AM   #20
Azred
Drow Priestess

I left him alone long enough to pick through the goods he had for sale, then turned on him but unfortunately could not kill him before he disappeared. Oh, well.

Yes, you may say "sod", Lady Zidane. "Small rectangular pieces of grass carpeting" is pretty tame. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]