Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Just a quick question...Does the mislead exploit still work in a patched, Baldurdashed game?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

AFAIK, yes. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Mislead exploit? Details, please. Even if I never use it, I like to know my cheese.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

If you cast Mislead as a Thief or Mage/Thief (anything with Thief), and send the Mislead away, you can have unlimited backstabs. As long as the Mislead isn't near the enemy, they can't detect it
Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

That is the "Backstabbing with Mislead Exploit". The "Mislead Exploit" at its' simpliest, goes like this.

If you cast Mislead and hide the clone out of the enemies' line of sight, they cannot dispel it through True Sight and such. What this means is that for the duration of the spell, you have undispellable invisibility. You can attack, cast spells, do whatever you want, and the invisibility will not break.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Ah. Well, it's the same idea, I just narrowed it down [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll keep that in mind, though.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:53 AM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Light Bulb

Maybe it is not an exploit, maybe simply a cheesy tactic that should be completely inplemented in the game: enemies will have to go on a witch-hunt to find the clone, all the while they are beaten to death by your PC. And if someone could just script enemy spellcasters to do the same, we get a whole new game! Chase the monkey! Imagine spellcasters running through dungeons, trying to dispel a run-a-way clone while getting their arses kicked by invisible warriors. This is something that could happen in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:23 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

What I find odd is that even obviously cheated MOD battles (My favorite right now is siding with Bodhi with Rogue Rebalancing installed: Fight some amazing Thieves who have a trueclassed Warrior's THAC0 and ApR, Quintuple Backstabs, use Wands and wear Helmets!) don't use Mislead. Only a single MODded enemy (that I have seen) uses the Mislead cheese, and that's in a rather small indoor area where you can either
A) Find his Mislead and dispel/kill it, or
B) Waste him with area-of-effect spells
without too much difficulty. So even the cheesiest of the cheesers isn't cheesy enough to abuse the Mislead spell. I haven't seen anyone use Project Image, either. (God, could you imagine Kuroisan with either of those? His Image couldn't attack, true, but it'd still have the Backlash.)
Old 09-02-2003, 11:50 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It's more of a coding issue really. Most of the Cheese in existence work because there is a Human mind behind it. Given the limitations of the code, it is next to impossible for AI opponents to abuse cheese the way we humans do.

Although now I am leery of downloading the Rogue rebalancing mod. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:09 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Although now I am leery of downloading the Rogue rebalancing mod. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Especially without your game CDs. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Nah, they have their weaknesses, and the fact that they use so much cheese against me ("We know exactly where your PC is and will run right up to him, even if he's Invisible--indoors--on the other side of the Docks District!") means I don't have to grant them ANY respect whatsoever, which leaves me free to exploit their AI to my heart's content. ("So you can heat-seek my PC, huh? Well then, let's see what happens when he casts Protection from Fire and stands in the middle of Anomen's Firestorm!")