Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 05:38 AM   #101
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Good morning all... since clouds doesnt seem to have opened for the day...
Ill jusst stop by in the old thread.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:40 AM   #102
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Good morning all... since clouds doesnt seem to have opened for the day...
Ill jusst stop by in the old thread.
Thats fine Calaethis, but for me, I`m off to bed, its been a tiring day.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-24-2002, 05:43 AM   #103
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

g-night! sleep well. lol; *I* only just got up... hehe.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:50 AM   #104
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:

Huff...now anyway...Epona im glad u and ur man are happy, im through with them for now.

Ah, through with men! I hate to think of the number of times I've said that, but I think it may be an addiction with no cure, can't live with them, can't live without them as the saying goes. Yeah, I appreciate what you're saying, you think 'I'll get a dog instead' until the next time someone's smile makes you go all wobbly and then the insanity sets in again!

Ah well, I wouldn't have it any other way, it's as good as beer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your horse, they can be nasty when they fight. Did I ever tell you I used to ride horses a lot when I was younger? I had to give up after a bad riding accident which did in my knee and shoulder (and left me with a dent in my head LOL). I do love horses though, one of the reasons I chose the name Epona, she was the Celtic goddess of horses, harvest and fertility [img]smile.gif[/img] I saw the pics of yours on Stealthy's, they are beautiful!
Old 06-24-2002, 06:20 AM   #105
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thanks Epona, the pic of Hannibal is actually from over a year ago, before we weaned him from mommy . I never knew you rode, but it sux to hear that ur accident stopped you from riding! Ive taken many nasty falls off tall horses, the worst being i almost broke my leg when my mare bolted while i was riding her bareback...you can always tell when the horse didnt mean to do it, lol. My poor mare was staring at me and trembling, and when i could move my leg again i got up and gave her a hug, even though she is an idiot. The only place id rather be then a horses back is in an f-16

As for the men, i think i'll stay out of serious things until im working full time...in about 7 or eight years, hehe.

Well its 3:15AM and my chum didnt show up so im going to bed...g'night everyone! Talk to ya when i get back from the beach tomorrow

*trots out the door wondering what the San Diego waters will feel like compared to Kau'is 80 degree ocean*
Old 06-24-2002, 06:23 AM   #106
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

g-night! *mutters to himself,* why are all the convos going so slowly? *finds books, sulks and reads..*
Old 06-24-2002, 07:23 AM   #107
Epona
Zartan

LB, I never had the pleasure of owning my own horse, but I was lucky enough to find an old woman who couldn't ride any more - she had 3 horses that needed exercising, so I used to go out with my dad (who used to be a jockey) and usually a friend to ride them.

I used to ride a pony called Michelle, a palomino New Forest pony, my dad used to ride Amber, a red-bay New Forest, and the friend would ride Bluey, a grey cob, really big and hairy and always daydreaming!

Michelle was very young, I started riding her straight after she had been broken in - I loved her to bits, but she was really nervous and flighty. She then got tetanus (old woman didn't realise she ought to have been vaccinated, duh), which I spotted in the early stages. Although the vet had never seen it in a horse before, he fortunately took my word for it because I was adamant and so he treated her anyway, so she recovered, but unfortunately the damage to her brain left her quite insane and vicious.

After her illness, she actually killed 2 goats and a cat in the time I knew her, by kicking them to death. She couldn't bear to be touched around her tail or hindquarters, she really did go nuts. The accident happened when she was spooked by a pheasant and reared - I fell off onto a grass bank at the side of the bridlepath and slipped under her back legs, which was disaster. Alas she didn't run off, but stood there and kicked me black and blue for a good 10 minutes with my dad trying to pull her off me.

I couldn't walk for a week, I had been kicked in the knee, shoulder and head (the kicking had dislodged my hard hat, fortunately she only got me in the head once), and I still have joint problems, and occassional pain where I was kicked in the head, 16 years later as a result. Fortunately because we only ever rode on soft tracks, and because of her kicking tendencies, she wasn't shod - otherwise I would probably be dead.

The old woman gave all 3 horses to a friend who was very experienced. I understand that Michelle was going to be rehabilitated, which is good, I'm sure a lot of people would have just had her shot
Old 06-24-2002, 09:03 AM   #108
Sorcerer Alex

Hi everyone, I just passed my theory driving test, so I'm in a great mood!