Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2002, 09:44 PM   #11
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:
eww...that happened to my old Sharp stereo, and i never got it to play cds again

but i didnt call customer service or anything

however, i got a new stereo today, its great! 60 cd changer, huge subwoofer, my mom will hate me! mwahaha!!! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
I think your whole neighborhood will hate you
Old 06-18-2002, 09:58 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:
eww...that happened to my old Sharp stereo, and i never got it to play cds again

but i didnt call customer service or anything

however, i got a new stereo today, its great! 60 cd changer, huge subwoofer, my mom will hate me! mwahaha!!! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Braggart! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Methinks I'm just gonna go buy another CD player, a Pioneer brand cause I want to make sure it all fits in with the rest, etc. Now that I think about it *cough* I guess the stereo is more like 10 years old rather than 7. Either way, it's gone rabid LOL, and I have no papers or receipts from it anymore, have no clue how to even find some customer service number, and again, not much for techie talk, lots of waiting on hold, then you get some guy that can hardly speak English, and then you gotta describe your problem, and listen to them flummox and fuss and in the end tell you "I can't help you, you have to bring it into the "Pioneer Center", check out our website for the nearest location. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-18-2002, 10:02 PM   #13
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Lady Z,
Rip it open and take your cd's out- then smash the rest .. Like a 5 neck guitar from Cheap Trick!
Sheesh you and Pauly with yall's smashing LOL. I bet yall live in a very sparsely furnished environment LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #14
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Well, if you can remove all the cds, grab your cd-rom clearer disc (If you got one) and palce in inside (Oh and play it). Wolla! It should work or cause the thing to burst into flame...But really it should work I mean your cd drive can take music cds.
Yes I know Gabriel (nice to see you again btw [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I can use my PC to listen to CDs, but I do a lot of CD changing, and it isn't the same if I gotta keep getting up and down to switch CDs, if that makes sense. But I may have to do just that until I get a new CD player, dangit wish I hadn't given away my boombox!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-18-2002, 10:27 PM   #15
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Well, if you can remove all the cds, grab your cd-rom clearer disc (If you got one) and palce in inside (Oh and play it). Wolla! It should work or cause the thing to burst into flame...But really it should work I mean your cd drive can take music cds.
Yes I know Gabriel (nice to see you again btw [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I can use my PC to listen to CDs, but I do a lot of CD changing, and it isn't the same if I gotta keep getting up and down to switch CDs, if that makes sense. But I may have to do just that until I get a new CD player, dangit wish I hadn't given away my boombox![/QUOTE]....I can see my your post that my post didn't come out right so my i'll repost that post and hope the new post make more sense then the last post.

What I was suggesting was the use of the cleaner cd for your cd drive in your cd player.
A cd drive can play music cds so a cd drive cleaner cd should be compable with your cd player.... Or it might break it, but seeing how it not working anyway I think it worth a shot.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:37 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Oh I see what you are saying Gabriel. yeah maybe a CD cleaner would work, I'd just have to run them through each slot. But if it just starts doing its CD change-o-rama thing, that might not work. Worth a try though before I give up totally [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ouchie! Sounds like your cd changer bit the dust, Wendy! My own NEW player skips if my ac or heat are on! Good luck with a new one!

Smash it? LOL You guys are vicious! Remind me not to have any non-working techno-gear around you without putting on my goggles first! LOL
Old 06-19-2002, 04:19 AM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

Something similar happened with mine a while ago... Turned out the laser lense was dusty/worn out and needed to be cleaned/partly replaced.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:37 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

I have a 15 year old Technics hifi (separates), which is brilliant. I've added stuff to it over the years, and ended up with 2 amps - so I've now split it up so I have my Dolby Prologic amp, graphic equaliser and CD player downstairs, and tape deck, turntable, CD player and amp in my bedroom. I also have good Altec Lansing speakers with subwoofer in my study, so can pump out the music from my PC too. I love music! My only gripe is that all my CD players take 1 CD at a time only.

Wendy, sorry to hear about your problems. When the CDs change, there must be a mechanical component to do that - I'll just bet there's a build-up of dirt on a gear or belt causing it to stick/slip. It could also be an electronic fault or a problem with the CD lens if it can't read any of the CDs (try a cleaning disk first just in case). I'd just take it in to a repair shop if I were you, get an estimate before they repair it, then you can judge whether or not it's cheaper to buy a new one.

[ 06-19-2002, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]