Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2002, 08:07 PM   #1
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

Hello all! I just purchased IWD after some problems with BG occured and I am at the Kuldahar and no NPC's. Is there any Npc's at all and if so where? I also still have the contract with me should i keep it or? Also i chose thief, and when i try to hide in shadows in waits a long time (red border around icon) and if i move awhile then it works is this normal. Where is that cure for the ogre? So many questions ...so little time
Old 04-29-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the Forums! [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are absolutely NO NPCs which will join your party. ZERO! You create your ENTIRE party at the beginning of the game and that is it.

Spoilers:

Hmmm, perhaps a druid might know some cure for his malady. Gee, where can I find a druid????

You can dump the contract.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:46 PM   #3
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

Im about to leave kuldahar and i really like bards and now that they are really good ill make one but if i do will she be level one or the level that my other char is at? what are some good bard stats and proficiencies? and what is the reccomended party number to beat game cause right now i started off as a thief and a fighter
Old 04-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The first time through a party of six is probably the best way to go until you get comfortable with the game. Something like this might work well:

Fighters x2 (or change a fighter out for a paladin or ranger)
Cleric
Thief
Mage
and your Bard

What you could do is this - Save your current game, and start a new game with the four additional party members (assuming you want to add four more). Play the game up to the same point in your current game and then export each of the new characters. Now, restart your original saved game and import those four characters! VOILA! Party of six!

Or you could simply go to the character arbitration screen and create new party members there and add them to your group. But they will start as first level characters!

For a bard, i would get a high intelligence for learning spells and a high dexterity. You also need a minimum charisma but when you generate the character the game won't let you have a charisma below a certain level.

Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #5
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

I think you can sell the contract to the supply guy who's shop is next to Arundel's house..he bought all the extra Vale of Shadows keys and several other books and junk...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:28 AM   #6
Michael Christian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: 156-G Laura St. San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines
Is that the contract that you got from the caves in Easthaven?

well...you should get rid of it because that contract was supposed to have been given to the fishmonger beside the Easthaven Tavern.

that was 200 XP that you missed but the Yeti's can give more so blast a dozen or more at the Vale of Shadows
Michael Christian is offline   Reply With Quote