Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 03:33 PM   #21
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Before we mess with a full reinstallation, try this.

Using Windows Explorer, find the directory where Icewind Dale is installed. It's something like C:/Program files/Black Isle/Icewind Dale/. There should be a folder there called "Cache" - open that folder and totally delete the "data" subfolder that is in there. Don't worry, this will NOT mess up your game. The cache folder is simply a temporary storage area for files that are frequently used .. accessing them off the HD is faster than accessing them off the cd. S

Start the game and see if THAT solves the problem.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 05:47 PM   #22
dragonwolf
Dungeon Master

i will thanx
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 03:18 AM   #23
Midget Gems

Just for the record - I have IWD only (with UK patch) and my game usually locks-out after I return to Easthaven. However if I go back and do the fight over again, two or three times, I eventually get a clean run through and the game can proceed. Don't know why this is random but I just try, try again.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:00 PM   #24
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Midget gems, did you do a full install? If not, it may be that the program is having sporadic trouble accessing files off the cd.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 03:10 AM   #25
Midget Gems

Thanks for you interest, Micah. As I said I'm not too concerned since I was able to complete the game twice dispite this bug. I have the standard install with the UK patch and I haven't had chance to download the latest update. (I usually get downloads on the fast connection at work, but they are having a clampdown at the moment on wasting computer access time - but what could be more important than RPGs. lol) Anyway for the time being I will leave well alone.