Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 04:56 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there! I thought that maybe we could give some pointers to Black Isle and Bioware, some tips for a Baldurs Gate 3 or new IWD.
Personally i think that Baldurs Gate would be hardpressed to continue after this one, (havenīt finished it yet but it feels like after lvl 20 you done it all) so could there be a BG3? I donīt want a Diablo 2 story to it and I think that if they do something new I would like to see something new, Icewind dale is a great example that the DoD world with the infinity engine is great so please start typing your ideas and thought about this.
I would like a game similiar to BG2 that takes place for example in the Ravenloft world, an Undead Hunter would fit right n there.. Or why not a classic good vs evil struggle? There is so much of the DoD universe so there is alot left to explore, personally (again) I would really like another game in the Planscapes.. really like that world!

So what do you all think?
Old 12-14-2000, 06:10 AM   #2
TLan

You should really then finish the game in the first place, the ending does leave some ends loose.. Or at least shows that things may very well be not over yet for our hero

As for levels, that does not really matter if your main char is lvl 20 by the end.. With BG1 and ToSC the level cap was also raised, my main char was lvl 12. I imported him and he was lvl 7. So I lost some levels and exp and - don't remember but prolly - some proficiencies also. Well, no biggie, worked up again. So if there will be BG3, new chars may all very well start from, say, lvl 17. "New BG" would prolly use 3rd edition rules also so things would be different.

Besides, there is no problem of creating tough enough mobs who can wipe the floor even with your and mine lvl 20 char

Old 12-14-2000, 08:04 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well you are right of course but if they Implement true DoD 3 rules you will have to flesh out your character anew again and well BG2 is probably the best sequal to a game I ever played so if Black Isle can do it again, I sure will buy it!

I have only one small problem with too high characters, they donīt flesh out so much as new characters, they have to meet extraordinary foes, and well however cool it would be to kill a god/demigod in BG3 (or 2) read previously)) it can change a sold world for alot of players..
And a new IWD like game where you can create the hole gang and why not take up new characters as you go along? with more of an woodland adventure, just not dungeons with thousand riddles and as many traps.. make the characters hunted, force them to flee and no cheats whatsoever, only solutions and maybe let them gain som extra points instead.. well ideas ideas..
Old 12-14-2000, 08:29 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmmm... i wish sometimes they would make it time alloted since if you have to go somewhere when its an emergency, you go there... not when you go there after doing so many other subquest that it took you 2 months b4 going there finally ... just that... as for the new and badder enemies... why not let us go into another plane and battle a huge powerful and terrible race that is gonna invade our plane and blah blah ... get my drift?
Old 12-14-2000, 08:38 AM   #5
Armisael

I liked the idea from a guy who posted yesterday. NPCs with common sense. I want that non-hostile mage to start getting suspicious when I surround him with skeletal warriors. I'd like it if after I kill all his buddies, instead of using his last invis potion to try one more backstab, the thief would sweat profusely and run for the hills. It's probably impossible, but I can at least dream.

Old 12-15-2000, 07:07 PM   #6
Jon the Hell Caster

yep I also think NPC's need more AI. For instance my Necro was casting his strongest spell, Ultimate Life Drain on Ribald and the whole time my Necro was casting about a min. he just sat and did nothing! Also I think In the New BG you should end up becoming a god. Also Evil Charecters need more things to do that are evil. Also becoming a lich or vampire would be awesome!