Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 11:27 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Do any of you have NVidia's icon in your icon tray that says NVIDIA settings?

If so, then you know about the desktop color controls.

I have adjusted the gamma and brightness of some colors on my desktop to make it appear nicer to view, but whenI log out and go into my wife's login...the changes are not there. In fact,,,she does not have the icon in her tray at the bottom right, where the clock is...

Can anyone tell me how to get that icon in her system tray?
Old 12-20-2003, 12:06 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Nevermind...I figured it out. In case you are interested, I'll tell you how I did it. In order to get that desktop tray icon there to work the settings with, I had to download the newest drivers for each user profile that I have. I seleected "Write over" the old and rebuild it with the new...but just because I was in the other user profile when I did it, I gained the tray icon that allows for settings chages.

Note: I could not find this settings changes ability anywhere else on the PC.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:24 AM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

If I'm correct, you can find them in by right clicking on your desktop -> Properties -> Settings tab -> Advanced button -> whatever your graphics card is called tab -> Colour Correction in the box out

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 12-20-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You were right, the menu was there for me to select the color theme that I had saved for the current color correction I am using, and was available for both user logins...but I am still glad that I have the icon in the desk tray on my wife's side now. It is very helpful for other tasks.

I don't know how I missed your obvious map to the right screen however, so thanks for teaching me!