Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Letter

What if for one reason or another Z had to delete one of these forums. BG2 and TOB Forum. Wizardly 8. All the Neverwinter forums. Or the Current Events. Or Morrorwind. Which of these if such a thing came to pass will you consider "Expandable"? I say down with Wizardly 8. Why? Because I don't go there and it won't be a loss to me. *goes behind the couch therfore evading the knives, darts and other harmful things thrown at him by the fans*
Old 12-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #2
GForce

ah man. you're gonna get it now sythe. not from me but the wizardry fans.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:19 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

None, but I think he should merge the Neverwinter Nights forum with it's expansion forum. I see no reason to have both.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
What if for one reason or another Z had to delete one of these forums. BG2 and TOB Forum. Wizardly 8. All the Neverwinter forums. Or the Current Events. Or Morrorwind. Which of these if such a thing came to pass will you consider "Expandable"?
Expandable?

Well, by it's nature, the Current Events Forum is easily the most expandable. The nature of current events is that this particular forum can only continue to grow.

NWN is also on the expansive path with the release of two recent expansions and thousands of homemade mods.

The others? I haven't played and can't be sure about, but I'm just glad you didn't ask which should be removed if push came to shove because it would be nearly impossible to determine which of those forums are expendable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just for curiosity, why would you post this? Curiosity in general? Fundraising questions? A popularity contest between the different games here????

If it were up to me to drop something, it would have to be Morrowind or Wizardry 8, but only because I've never played either, while the others have brought me months of enjoyment. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 09:10 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

ToEE forum is hardly posted in, so maybe just move that into Miscellaneous Games. Also, I don't mind moving Current Events into General Discussion (let's face it, people are posting stuff now about Saddam's capture here in General Discussion; people are always "crossing the line" between the two). Can also combine Wizards & Warriors into Miscellaneous Games, as well. Also, you can combine NwN and the expansion thread into one (people are asking questions all the time on the main NwN forum about the expansions).

[ 12-15-2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 12-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
None, but I think he should merge the Neverwinter Nights forum with it's expansion forum. I see no reason to have both.
No way, It's confusing enough as it is. Newcomers to those forums forget to head their posts appropriately and refer to "the OC" casually when they could mean at least 2 OC's . Poor Larry has a hard enough time as it is sorting between the SOU and the HotU posts, well he and his new friend, .
Old 12-15-2003, 10:15 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Hate to say it, but merge BG2 and ToB. Half of the BG2 posts include ToB anyways...
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 12-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #8
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO killing of the WIZARDRY 8 forume it must be the last one to kill here sheesh it is where i meet you all folks here best game in the history dont dear to kill it Z
Old 12-16-2003, 05:10 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Hate to say it, but merge BG2 and ToB. Half of the BG2 posts include ToB anyways...
I agree: just add the tag "ToB" in your post's title. On top of that the Throne of Bhaal forum doens't get that many posts anyway.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:31 AM   #10
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I'd be happy to trade the Morrowind-forum for, say, a roguelike-forum...