Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 02:32 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wah! Will your drawing be there? I LOVE that! Hmmm...Dreamweaver...sigh, I'd love to have that one day. But I know I need to learn my html first or I'll never go back.

Zeeke,

Thanks. I may try my program. It's what I'll have to use to upload my program page (I'm working on the Italian Program's web page) for work and I may as well learn how it functions. But, lucky me, no documentation! I have it at home courtesy of the University, as I'm working on things there too. Dang, putting a page together with straight html from scratch is er, well, interesting, to say the least! I'd add frustrating, but figure that's a given! And I'm playing with tables there...

Anyone think I'm totally crazy?

ComplicatedCloud

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-01-2001, 02:36 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Dreamweaver is supposed to be great. I'm going to learn it this summer as part of an internship program. Let me know what you think of it.
Hi Father Bronze!

LUCKY you! Dreamweaver is used by a few professionals I know. People who do some pretty fantastic websites! I'm told it's a pretty complex program and does wonders with code!

Cloudy, sighing and wishing on a star for more time, money and energy....

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-01-2001, 02:40 PM   #23
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Wah! Will your drawing be there? I LOVE that! Hmmm...Dreamweaver...sigh, I'd love to have that one day. But I know I need to learn my html first or I'll never go back.

Zeeke,

Thanks. I may try my program. It's what I'll have to use to upload my program page (I'm working on the Italian Program's web page) for work and I may as well learn how it functions. But, lucky me, no documentation! I have it at home courtesy of the University, as I'm working on things there too. Dang, putting a page together with straight html from scratch is er, well, interesting, to say the least! I'd add frustrating, but figure that's a given! And I'm playing with tables there...

Anyone think I'm totally crazy?

ComplicatedCloud

Um, coding HTML from scratch, with all of the programs that there are out there to do it for you? Yes, I think you're crazy. I let the programs do it for me, then read the code that I know what it is, but I don't do it by hand. But, that's just my opinion.

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Awake, Aware and Loving Life to the best of my abilities
Tracker of the fair Cleric Charean
Old 06-01-2001, 02:43 PM   #24
Melusorick!
The Magister

(We run in - drop a fart - run out) hehehehehehe

Yorick might be...I'm most definitely NOT!!!

------------------

Boo yah!!
Old 06-01-2001, 02:52 PM   #25
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusorick!:
(We run in - drop a fart - run out) hehehehehehe

Yorick might be...I'm most definitely NOT!!!

Not to be critical or anything, but what was the purpose of your post? It makes no sense to put nonsense into the middle of a perfectly good discussion on HTML coding and web design. In terms of etiquette, I would almost call it rude. I'm not flaming you Melusorick, just questioning your motives. Sensible comments and constructive criticisms are always appreciated. If you have something to add, please join our conversation.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 06-01-2001, 02:56 PM   #26
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Not to be critical or anything, but what was the purpose of your post? It makes no sense to put nonsense into the middle of a perfectly good discussion on HTML coding and web design. In terms of etiquette, I would almost call it rude. I'm not flaming you Melusorick, just questioning your motives. Sensible comments and constructive criticisms are always appreciated. If you have something to add, please join our conversation.

You wonder at the motive???? Since when was a fart NOT rude!?

------------------

Boo yah!!

[This message has been edited by Melusorick! (edited 06-01-2001).]
Old 06-01-2001, 02:58 PM   #27
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusorick!:
You wonder at the motive???? Since when was a fart NOT rude!?

So let me get this right. You're trying to be rude? Perplexing.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 02:59 PM   #28
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
So let me get this right. You're trying to be rude? Perplexing.

Well, sorry dear sir. We want some ACTION! (you're not seroiusly offended are you Father? Father......? )

------------------

Boo yah!!
Old 06-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #29
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

After reading the thread on Slackerboy's signature not working, I think I understand what you and Mel are doing. Just threw me for a minute there.

My initial reaction was that some obnoxious flamer had jumped into the middle of the thread for no apparent reason. I just looked at the user name in the post and the number of posts and thought -- hmmm . . . maybe this newbie needs to know how things work here at the Ironworks and then I wrote my reply.

I think I understand what's going on now. Have fun with your experiment in identity swapping/blending/masquerading/whatever.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 03:06 PM   #30
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
After reading the thread on Slackerboy's signature not working, I think I understand what you and Mel are doing. Just threw me for a minute there.

My initial reaction was that some obnoxious flamer had jumped into the middle of the thread for no apparent reason. I just looked at the user name in the post and the number of posts and thought -- hmmm . . . maybe this newbie needs to know how things work here at the Ironworks and then I wrote my reply.

I think I understand what's going on now. Have fun with your experiment in identity swapping/blending/masquerading/whatever.

We are in the same room FBronze. Listening to Rammstein. That may explain the mood

------------------

Boo yah!!