Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 06:14 AM   #41
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Feather fall, or something like it, is also good at the Monestary, the mountains in Bayjin, the holes in Mt Gigas...
Old 09-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #42
babar
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Rose:
You can't fall off at the Monestery. There are lots of edges and clifts you can't fall off. And then there is Trynton. Oh, yes.

there's at least 4 places in the monastary where you can fall far enough to get seriously hurt or kilt ... on the ledge to burz, at the second level when the bridge is down, going down the falls too fast and by fondling naked statues.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:25 AM   #43
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

ALWAYS use the drop to the lower level of the bridge to get away from Gergor after getting ammo from Burz.

Didn't know about the ledge.

Never got killed at the waterfall. But then the focus was on getting the powder, which meant careful going anyhow.

And thats what you get for "fondling neked statues".

Each builder seems to have this sort on in joke on the players. After Trynton I figured out that it was falling off things - or up as in the case at the Sea Caves.

Might and Magic was walking on thin boards.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #44
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

There's also all those holes in the sea caves!

Hey, I can't believe that in all the time I played this game I never saw the chest in the sea caves just just behind one of the holes. I also never saw the one in the Rapax Cas. basement with translucent orange top. Is there a chance of anything special in that one? The sea caves one had some good stuff.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #45
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Yeh, I found one recently behind the huge scorcher. I thought it was the same cave I came out of. Wasn't a chest, but found some goodies. There are some new things even if you have played the game many times! They planned this game well, although I would have added a few things.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #46
Flamestryke
The Magister

Quote:
They planned this game well, although I would have added a few things.
And they intended to add other things, but ran out of money and time.

Why not try adding a few things now.... in the item design contest. Some interesting quest ideas have popped up there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 09:21 AM   #47
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have another one. I left the monastery at party level 6 ( expert). There were 4 crusher crabs. I thought about going back into the monastery and rest but decided to run around them into the canyon because with crusher crabs at the gate there is usually no other enemy there. Wrong. After the second corner I met 5 highwaymen with 2 cultist.
Really, I can't count the times where I had bad luck in the game after switching the difficulty level from normal to expert.
Of course I ran back but they followed me and from the other side came the crusher crabs. They blocked the canyon on this side. My fighters were unable to hit them and during that time the cultists summoned two elementals.
Result : Death

I'll never think again, that something could not happen in this game because it doesn't happen up to now !

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:15 PM   #48
Kylospylon
The Magister

Stoopidest death... hmmmm...

Probably on one of my first run-thoughs, my party got crushed by 'you-know-what' after reading the T'rang warning sign in the Mine Tunnels. Duh!

Or there was the time I threw a few stink bombs at Gregor with 'slightly' mediocre throwing skills, (seemed like a good idea at the time).

Or the time I went to take a closer look at the hogar roaming on Arnika Road after just coming out of the Monestary. This was before I realised that neutral critters become hostile critters if you get too close.

The numerous times my curiosity got the better of me while in Upper Trynton, it's amazing how many ways and places you can fall to your death up there. One time I just walked off where the elevator was supposed to be, talk about dim!

Resting on the Trynton-Arnika road and being surrrounded by Crimson Poppies, nobody could do a thing, they were slaughted in their sleep. It was then I learned of the "resting in crevice" and "everybody carries some smelling salts" tactics.

Stupid Deaths are just part of Life I guess.