Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 PM   #21
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

babar: I got crushed by the elevator in HLL building, almost same situation... And a few times by the Arnika Bank lift... It's almost funny... :-D
Fiend of the 9 Worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #22
babar
Manshoon

you'd think some of the guys with 50+ senses would notice. This is one reason I don't play Ironman. The other reason is I usually can't make it through the obstacle course without reloading.Hogars.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #23
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

Ahhh, the obstacle course... I almost forgot about it. First time I tried to get through I saved after every spikes etc. And I couldn't get to the end. Then I tried to go without paying attention to that spikes - and I did it in the first try! :-D
Old 08-19-2004, 01:14 AM   #24
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I was extremely disappointed that they included a test of the player's skills in a game that should be all up to the Characters' abilities.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:06 AM   #25
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

Yes, but that is the only one, so I don't think it's that bad...
Old 08-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #26
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

Finally killed the Lava Lord and 9 Fire Sprites, then stepped into the lava...I guess that you just can't get out. The characters make lots of noise as the lava burns them too !

But "worse than death" - after rescuing the arrogant Umpani and recovering the 'good' black box from Bejing I delivered the Umpani to the General, then thru the swamp to the mine tunnels to deliver my black box to Z'Ant - to have him deliver his rant about trust and "traitors ! Kill them !" - looked like I couldn't work out an alliance if I killed Z'Ant (although I did wonder a bit about what he might drop...). My habit of using the same save file name several times put me back on Bejing - doh !!
Then trotting across the North Eastern wilderness, came across the Rapax fighting the Brotherhood - with a Templar in my group it seemed inappropiate to attack the Rapax - when I talked to them they said "A little killing here and there, nothing of concern to you, Templar" or "Everything is going according to the King's plan", actually the Rapax wouldn't do more than dismiss me with such one-liners. The Brothers were more talkative, and got quite hopeful when I showed them the Chaos Molari...
However after that, the Dark Savant's troops are everywhere I go declaring to "Give us the artifacts, we know you have them and they belong to the Savant !" (they don't drop stuff like the Rattkin, who are equally mouthy).
I'm looking for the Rapax Camp - where the heck is it anyway ?! I've gotta rescue the T'Rang and Umpani to get the alliance to work (means I'll have to drop off RFS-81, who I have developed into a very fierce killing machine (literally) at Level 19... Those Savant mingions don't even deliver much experience (and the numbers seem to grow as I wipe them out with 1st round spells and gadgets [negatair rules !]
Old 08-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #27
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

Rapax Away Camp is in the Wilderness Clearing, accesible from SE Wilderness. And the Lava Lord... oh man! I did exactly the same!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #28
babar
Manshoon

ha that remidns me one time I was going through the obstacle course. I was feeling smug after running through the spikes without reloading, but then I misjudge the leap onto the swinging platform and fall in the lava.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #29
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You can run out of the Lava in the training area with ease.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 AM   #30
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Finally killed the Lava Lord and 9 Fire Sprites, then stepped into the lava...I guess that you just can't get out. The characters make lots of noise as the lava burns them too !
You can teleport out with the portal spell.

For the away camp - it only appears if you have two of the ascension items.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote