Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2002, 08:19 AM   #101
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by I wish my name was Baggins:
quote:
Originally posted by Myrddin L'argenton:
How about the BYOB try and educate the Kobolds. We at the KAK will have a good laugh. You will have to show evidence as well. Aren't Kobolds, streetcleaners in Drow society. They eat the junk that Drow throw away.
See yet one more good that Kobolds can perform for our society...By keeping the streets and sewers in a higher state of cleanliness I predict that the diease rate in large cities such as Bauldur's Gate will not just drop but plummet.[/QUOTE]I thought that good priests cured diseases. Anyway, that was Drow society, not ours. They could have more chance to kill humans in that way.
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:40 AM   #102
Legolas
Jack Burton

Having listened carefully to both BYOB and KAK arguments, I can only come to one conclusion. Allow me to summarize the statements coming from each side.

B.Y.O.B.:
  • People are strongly prejudiced when it comes to kobolds. Much of what is commonly believed is untrue.
  • Kobolds are misunderstood; they fight for evil because good thinks they are.
  • Kobolds are humans too, they're not that bad once you get to know them. We share the same basic rights
  • Kobolds can change too
  • Kobolds make excellent workers
  • Each integrated kobold is one who won't aid evil
  • We can lead the kobold to freedom by providing a rolemodel and intigrating them into our society
  • Liberation of kobolds leads to less koboldic procreation
  • The KAK is an evil, tyrannical movement
  • Mr Baggins is not crazy
  • Kobolds are smelly
  • The KAK lacks proper leadership and organisation
  • The KAK lacks guts
  • Boring:
  • Kobolds are not worthy of our time and attention
  • PITK:
  • Kobolds taste like hamster/chicken
  • Nothing tastes better than Carolina pit cooked kobold with a side of cole slaw and hush puppies.
  • K.A.K.
  • Kobolds were born to be weak and low on the food chain
  • All kobolds are evil
  • Integration of kobolds upsets the balance of society and may have disastrous consequences
  • Integrating the kobold makes kobolds weak
  • Mr. Baggins is really Mullahey
  • Mr. Baggins is insane
  • Mr. Baggins plans to take over the world with a kobold army
  • We have superb leadership
  • Without kobolds to fight adventurers would have nothing to do
  • There are other, similar issues within our society we should attend first
  • Integration of the Xvart should have higher priority than integration of the kobold; they are more humanoid
  • I cast a spell, you're dead and can't argue with me no more; therefore I am in the right.
  • You changed the link, you mut be trying to trick me
  • The BYOB are evil
  • BYOB members are washed-out politicians and vagrants
  • Black Isle supports our cause
  • We are not splitting into fractions
  • The BYOB refuses to answer our questions
  • The BYOB lack credibility
  • The only way to deal with kobolds when not killing them is to enslave them
  • Kobolds reproduce swiftly, how much swifter if we do not constantly reduce their numbers
I might handle each argument individually once I have more time to spare or the crowd requests further explanation, but for now I'll keep it general.
A lot of the arguments cancel eachother out. Especially the KAK has a habbit of going against what they themselves have said. For example, kobolds should be killed, enslaved, and left in the wild to keep adventurers busy. At the same time adventurers from Boring and other movemensts claim kobolds are not favourable targets, in some cases it is even stated adventurers experience them as a waste of arrows and good steel.
Another large part of arguments are directed at undermining the credability of the other group. I've found practically all these attempts lacking and hardly convincing themselves. An example, it was stated that Mr. Baggins plans to take over the world with an army of kobolds. Nowhere did I manage to obtain any evidence pointing in this direction. Only uneducated peasants might fall for this, no offense to them intended.
Thirdly, it was claimed kobold integration should be halted as there were other issues to be attended to first. So far, no tax money was spent on Koboldic Integration, benefactors volunteering their private resources to the cause have so far been all that maintained the movement. I dare not say what this implies for the effective spending of tax incomes.
All I can agree to is that full Koboldic Integration is a long way away yet as there remains much distrust. Movements like the KAK are effective in that as long as unrest is being sowed, KI will lead to riots being reaped.
I can also state that, since there was no such attempt made in drecent history, Kobolds deserve a chance.

Now there are tow solutions. One is convincing all KAK members verbally, the other is to take KI in steps. Start with a kobold camp on the outskirts of one town, and slowly take it from there. I suggest we take Mr. Baggins' home town for this project, so he shall be able to supervise the KI personally. This second option is, in my most humble opinion, the only one realistic.
Provided the BYOB agrees, I'll have to ask all KAK members to refrain from interfering. If your arguments on chaos and anarchy are indeed correct, we shall be able to find out before things grow out of hand. Thank you for your time.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #103
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Legp;as well said man well said ...this i could agree with and might even don't gold to (if for no other reason than curiosity for though i believe it wil fail im willing to give it a chance as long as others are not endangered by it
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:03 AM   #104
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

I like intergrating Kobolds in Mr Baggins's home town. If he gets it wrong, we can blame him and laugh.
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:16 AM   #105
Grungi
Banned User

yeah good plan, lets send all the kobolds round baggins house and see what they do to a shorta***d halfin in his sleep [img]smile.gif[/img] , it wont be pretty im guessing
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:33 AM   #106
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by I wish my name was Baggins:
quote:
How about the BYOB try and educate the Kobolds. We at the KAK will have a good laugh. You will have to show evidence as well. Aren't Kobolds, streetcleaners in Drow society. They eat the junk that Drow throw away.
See yet one more good that Kobolds can perform for our society...By keeping the streets and sewers in a higher state of cleanliness I predict that the diease rate in large cities such as Bauldur's Gate will not just drop but plummet.[/QUOTE]I thought that good priests cured diseases. Anyway, that was Drow society, not ours. They could have more chance to kill humans in that way.[/QUOTE]So Myrddin L'argenton? In your world do they not honor the wisdom of, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?" Just think of how much good our "good priests" could actually do if they could spend time spent curing you and your ilk of diseases obtained by living in your own dung doing other more productive things.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:16 AM   #107
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Legolas has spoke words that can only be hailed by all as wise and sound. I would ask that he be a moderator in all future arguements. I think that the time has come that a great moment in Kobold integration has already begun. In a secret location right outside my own hometown, which for security reasons shall remain nameless, under the watchful eye of Keraptisdm and myself, a small kobold village has been established which has begun the integration process. Kobolds are being taught the lessons that they need to survive in our society including literacy, civics, history, grammar and simple mathematics. Once these courses are mastered we intend to continue their learning with more advanced classes. It is not our intention to do teach individual Kobolds to do individual tasks so they will be forever constrained to those duties, but rather to educate them to the point to where they will be comfortable with choosing their own paths to prosperity. Full integration with the population of my village will begin to commence after the completion of this first round of education. Things couldn't be progressing better as the results so far have been beyond our expectations and we have only had a few setbacks...an example of which would be a young Kobold named Grishnak who apparently wasn't wired right took to the idea that he was actually Elminster and tried to burn down the kitchen and village hall. But as I stated we here at BYOB are more than pleased with our results so far and will be more than happy to continue to update you on our progress.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #108
Grungi
Banned User

come on baggins, you want them all round your house hmm? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 01:14 PM   #109
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
come on baggins, you want them all round your house hmm? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ah, leave to to get on with it. Im sure hes taken precautions such that the population of his village are well protected just in case a tribe of educated kobolds decide to supplant Halfling civilisation rather than integrate with it?

Or at the very least has gold and messengers ready to summon mercenary or adventurer aid should the need arise. Id hate to think of how much damage Kobolds with a knowledge of tactical warfare could do to a peaceful halfling village in the space of even a day.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:53 PM   #110
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Or at the very least has gold and messengers ready to summon mercenary or adventurer aid should the need arise.
Hmmmm - Makes me think: If you "educate them to the point to where they will be comfortable with choosing their own paths to prosperity", they might be paying more than the halflings, when it comes to hire some 'aid'.

BTW can someone put up this notice somewhere in the kobold town?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISMENT:

Strong sword arm for hire!
Get rid of your enemies NOW!!

Price list:
-per head 10gp (chopped or cleaved) (extra for silver plate: 100gp)
-small town (fixed price) 500gp
-large town (fixed price) 2000gp

TODAYS SPECIAL OFFER!!! halfling heads - half prize

Please contact F.o.P. (Friends of Profit) [img]smile.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------------------------