Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...een-bear_x.htm

enjoy

"Teen fights off bear attack with punches, air horn
ANCHORAGE (AP) — A 15-year-old boy on a wilderness expedition for emotionally troubled youths woke up to find a 400-pound brown bear with a bad attitude sitting at his feet.
After trying unsuccessfully to back out of the tent, the boy was bitten in the forearm and decided to fight back, punching the bear with his left hand a half-dozen times, Alaska State Trooper Adam Benson said Monday.

When the teenager tried to run, the bear bit him again below his ribs, this time leaving a half-dozen puncture wounds on his back, Benson said.

The boy punched the bear again, and again she let him go, but chased him around a nearby stand of trees. He eventually remembered an air horn in his gear, and blew it in the bear's muzzle, waking others in the camp, said Steve Prysunka, director of the six-week "Crossing Wilderness Expeditions for Youth" program.

Prysunka asked that the boy not be identified.

The bear finally turned and ran after counselors blasted her with pepper spray and fired a flare at her feet, Prysunka said. Later Saturday, following the morning attack, officials found the sow in the campsite area on Deer Island in southeast Alaska and killed her.

The boy was flown out to a hospital, where he was treated, then sent home to Barrow to give his wounds time to heal, Prysunka said.

"I think he is the biggest, baddest thing in the woods. He punched the bear," Prysunka said."
Old 04-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What did you do this weekend, Jimmy? No, really...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

roflmao oh god that's hilarious. Punching the bear lol man that'd make a great story to tell to grandkids lol
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-29-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
[img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] Why? Why? Why? Some people nowadays just seem to totally lack the ability to see 10 seconds into the future... Actions ---> Consequence! Why did they kill the bear? Wasn't it supposed to be there? Who's Prysunka? LOL, Someguy!

EDIT: Elminster? Duuuuuddeee....

[ 04-29-2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Jaradu ]
Old 04-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

Animal beating...im not impressed!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Here's one for you!

Old Gramps: Ahhhhh! Did I ever tell you kids the bear story?

Kids: No Gramps! Tell us!

Old Gramps: Weeeeeellllll, there I was walking around the Oldville forest, I turned the corner and there stood a ten foot mean old Grizzly Bear!

Kids: Gosh Gramps! What did you do?

Old Gramps: Weeelllllll, I turned the corner saw that old bear and.........

Ooooooooooooops! , I pooped my pants!

Kids: Gosh gramps! If we saw a big old bear like that in front of us, we'd poop our pants too!

Old Gramps: Not then! Just now when I went "Ooooooooooooops"!

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oooook. Uh, dude, you need some new material. [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol. Animal beating? nah, self defense.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #8
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Fending the animal off was self defense. Hunting it down later and killing it (for nothing more than being curious about intruders in its territory) is plain old savagery. Humans are so tough and badass when they have their guns arn't they. I mean, they could have even tranquilized it and transported it elsewhere. But no, that'd be too much effort. Just kill it. Bastards.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

hmmm..they could bbq the bear later. hmm yum yum.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Actually if it knew enough about humans to come looking for food from them (as them...) then it would do so again until it was put down, regardless of whether it was moved to a new habitat or not, it would go after easy game...