Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 07:30 PM   #41
Knobhead_the_Pommie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't like English people. Not even if they're born there. Sorry, I can't help it. All the English I've met have been a-holes so I guess all of 'em must be. Well, except for Donut, Lanesra, Epona, Barry, or Tainly. But all these other folk are daft. But do call me shaloah.

My name is now Shaloah Nobhedh.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:57 AM   #42
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Knobhead_the_Pommie:
I don't like English people. Not even if they're born there.
Uh...does that mean that you REALLY REALLY dislike English people born in, say, Abu Dhabi?

And hey, Mouse, you should market the "Lorraina Bobbitt Weedwacker". You'd make a killing in the U.S.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:25 AM   #43
The Collective
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Knobhead_the_Pommie:
I don't like English people. Not even if they're born there. Sorry, I can't help it. All the English I've met have been a-holes so I guess all of 'em must be. Well, except for Donut, Lanesra, Epona, Barry, or Tainly. But all these other folk are daft. But do call me shaloah.

My name is now Shaloah Nobhedh.

Hello, pal. How would you like to join the Collective?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:19 AM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! Kat, you sure got the place hopping....Oh lord! The image that just brought up....rake with breasts...hopping... ACK! Make it stop! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

*snorts out loud at the weedwhacker post* [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #45
Kaltia
Jack Burton

No chance, Mouse, I came up with it, I patented it. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! Bah, I should make you listen to Enya....*Glares at Bruce and Yorrick* Alright, you two, can you stop with the judging?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #46
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Kaltia, my dear, did you come up with the idea of breasts.......no.

Rakes..........likewise.

It took my warped intellect to make to imaginative leap to the wild and whacky world of horticulture, ergo I get the rewards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-25-2003, 04:11 AM   #47
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
*still trying to dispel breasted rake image* ... *snigger*

PS: do we call you BobKat now? [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]
For those wanting to keep abreast of the currant situation, Kat is now Bobkat. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-25-2003, 01:00 PM   #48
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
Hi Guys, I've been absent for a few weeks, (hooray, some of you cheer!).
I've been in Dallas, Texas visiting my brother who lives / works there.
I was struck by 5 things,

1- Great shops, very cheap, huge selection.

2- Nice people mainly, really friendly.

3- Didn't realise it got so hot.

4- Where did all those damn insects come from?.

5- What a lot of really very overweight people I saw, bigger than the biggest I'd ever see in Britain.

So my question is, having seen a lot about the US on TV, how come no-one ever mentioned all the bugs?. And where did all the fat folks come from?.
yeah america does have alot of overweight people, but um, are you sure they were americans because they could also be tourists. Just an observance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 01:17 PM   #49
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Actually, there are starting (as in very few) actors and actresses who are not "rakes with breasts" showing up on US Television that aren't the comic relief. One is well known, (sorry, don't know how to spell her name) but she's on "The Practice", plays a lawyer on that show.
Another is the actress that plays the character "Marcie" on One Life to Live (a Soap Opera). Her character has some insecurities, about her weight and many other things that a typical college student might worry about, but at the same time, comes across with alot of feelings of self worth and confidence. She even managed to get a good looking boyfriend through being a good friend to him, sticking by him, and, well you know, on soaps men and women who are friends must hook up eventually [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 01:31 PM   #50
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You are right, it is changing somewhat albeit slowly. Maybe it is just me, but I see a difference between plump, fat and obese. Just as I see a difference in slim, thin, skinny. I do think the American obsession with "thinness" breeds anorexia nervosa in our society. I would be curious to know if that is such a problem in Europe and elsewhere>
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>