Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
zdorman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I had installed TOTSC, I followed instructions, and I loaded my final saved game, which was just before fighting Saravok. I was transported to Ulgoth's Beard. I took a look on my map, and it said that I was in the East-Central sector of Baldur's Gate. When I left Ulgoth's beard, I was unable to get back. HOW CAN I GET TO ULGOTH'S BEARD?
zdorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #2
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

try going north off of the map where the big bridge that takes you to the city is. If that doesnt work it's probably a glitch and you will have to download te latest patch.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:26 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If you install ToSC in the middle of a game of BG1, your map doesn't know how to deal with the ToSC areas. You have to update your map file by quitting BG, opening up your Baldur's Gate directory, and running the file called MCONVERT. Now restart BG, and your map should work correctly, and all future games will be fine, as well.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:48 AM   #4
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I followed the instructions and loaded my final save but all it did was take me to the end again. Yes i did do it frm the mission-pack place not the normal load game. Anyone know how i can get there?
Old 07-14-2002, 03:18 PM   #5
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm having this same problem. I just entered Chapter 7 and there still seems to be no way for me to get to Ulgoth's Beard. I have tried leaving the north side of the screen from the Bandit Camp and from the Bridge to Baldur's Gate. Nothing there

I installed BG and TSC at the same time and have always played my games from the TSC application. I just re-installed both and opened my last saved game but i still can't get there. I'm using the latest version of the TSC application.

Is a character in the game going to eventually send me to Ulgoth's Beard or am I just supposed to find it on my own?

Can I use the CLUAConsole command MoveToArea command to get there? What is the area name?

Thanks!
Colin.
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

MCONVERT!
Old 07-14-2002, 04:28 PM   #7
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry. I thought MapConvert was for those that started with plain BG and later added TSC. Since I've always run TSC I didn't try it.

Now that I have converted my WorldMap, I can travel to Ulgoth's from the Bridge. Thanks!

As I'm just starting Chapter 7, I'm supposed to be heading back to Baldur's Gate to finish toppling the Iron Throne. Is it safe to do that or will my game just end when that is done? I guess I was supposed to head to Ulgoth's much earlier in the game.

It doesn't seem like I should delay going back to Baldur's Gate at this point, but I don't want to miss out on these areas. Suggestions?

Thanks again!
-Colin.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:46 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, it seems that it's absolutely neccessary to run MCONVERT before visiting any ToSC areas, at least with some versions of the game. Live and learn, I suppose.

Actually, where you are in the plot is a decent enough time to go to Ulgoth's and do the ToSC quests--and one of them requires that you go back to BG city (for a brief visit) anyway. True, you could have done the ToSC quests much earlier, but some of them, especially Durlag's Tower, would have made the rest of the Main Plot seem anticlimactic.

(As for delaying your coup-de-grace of the Iron Throne, remember that the letter said it was a matter of weeks until the coronation, so you've got some time.)
Old 07-16-2002, 04:30 AM   #9
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I loaded the ready-made post-BG game that comes with TSC. It explains when you load it that this saved game picks up at the spot just before you go to Saravok's lair, so I guess I am at a good spot to go to Ulgoth's. (I've now had the encounter at the coronation and it looks like his lair is the next stop.)

So... to Ulgoth's!
-Colin.