Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
Luseleaf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did a lot of spell scroll collecting before picking up Dynaheir. She's second level, and I had her write a few spells into her books from the scrolls I picked up. Unfortunately, one of those spells, Protection from Petrification, I did not realize is second-level. She wrote it in her book, the game responded she had successfully written the spell into her book, and I went on my merry way for quite a while before realizing that the spell was not actually in her book because she is not qualified to cast it.

Will it be there when she advances to a high-enough level to cast it, or is it gone forever?
Luseleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

You get 2nd level spells as of 3rd level, I believe. In any case, you can always memorise spells as long as you have adequate intelligence. Check your manual for the info on when you can actually cast spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 01:14 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Learn as many spells as you can.It does not matter that you can't cast them right away as they will eventually become available as you level up. You will be able to use that protection from petrification soon enough to go hunting basilisks.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:16 AM   #4
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

You picked up a good mage, at least. Dynaheir is actually my secret lover, so treat her well.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 03:16 AM   #5
D*Ranged

There aren't some spells that you should write down but instead save it for later though - e.g. Cloudkill. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]