Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #71
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I just realized how funny some of my husband and his boss communications are, here is an example..

boss, I need you to make a run to Sherwood
Husband, calls boss back, I am loaded
boss, call when you are empty
husband calls back I am clear

I found out what some people thought of this talk, someone thought it was a drug run, another person thought my husband was drunk, and yet another was wondering if it involved the mob, lol perhaps they should think about changing the words around to make it sound more like a bussiness than an against the law thing?

what got me thinking was something my husband just said in an email, we can use the new phone to send emails back and forth and I had reminded him to bring breakfast home for kids, he said I will be there as soon as I get this person loaded.............

Rev, I am sorry to hear your day is going bad, I think we are trading days lol, my day yesterday was decent, and today it sucks, cold and rainy, with wind gust up to 30 miles per hour
Old 12-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #72
uss
20th Level Warrior

I just came back from playing with some people from a WCIII: TFT community in the net. It seems that the times I heard something like "U FKN NOOBZ LAGARZ!!!" was more often than I expected and hoped to hear.

Good thing IWF isn't such a freakshow as that thing was
Old 12-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #73
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I just came back from playing with some people from a WCIII: TFT community in the net. It seems that the times I heard something like "U FKN NOOBZ LAGARZ!!!" was more often than I expected and hoped to hear.

Yeh that is a bit dissapointing. I run on dial-up as we cannont yet get Broadband here (which really sucks)but it sometimes takes about 30mins to get into a game because of constantly getting kicked. The good thing is that when you have downloaded a map once u dont have to load it and so dont get kicked.

Also I would hate to be a Noob. When I play WC3 basically every single game has "no noobs" written on it. When I was a noob (back in the days a year or two ago ) I used to just go into all those games for the experience and usually ended up dying in quite a short space of time!
Old 12-10-2003, 02:35 PM   #74
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:

Yeh that is a bit dissapointing. I run on dial-up as we cannont yet get Broadband here (which really sucks)but it sometimes takes about 30mins to get into a game because of constantly getting kicked. The good thing is that when you have downloaded a map once u dont have to load it and so dont get kicked.

Also I would hate to be a Noob. When I play WC3 basically every single game has "no noobs" written on it. When I was a noob (back in the days a year or two ago ) I used to just go into all those games for the experience and usually ended up dying in quite a short space of time!
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know what you mean(Though I have a pretty fast comp and connection [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

What's funny is that, in my opinion, WCIII has even more such people than Diablo II, which is rumored to have the most foul-mouthed pshychos in the net
Old 12-10-2003, 03:07 PM   #75
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:

[/QUOTE]WC3 has only been out about a year anyway

I run wc3 off a 56k, and I used to lag out all the time. Amazingly, what fixed it was upgrading from Win98 to WinXP. The only kind of lag I get now is video lag, since I'm only using a 64mb card.
Whats sad is joining a game, and you realize the lvl 11 person you're partnered with is...a noob with an incredibly sucky record (around 30-40%)...how they ever got to lvl 11 is beyond me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #76
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sad news everyone. rupert will not be around anymore. Come to find out some of the other gibbies got a little upset with his antics and well, you can guess. Very sad. He will be missed. He did just have a litter of babies about a month ago, and I plan to train a couple to replace rupert as my personal gibby. This time I will try to teach him some manners. Well thought I would pass this on to you all.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:52 PM   #77
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

aww I am so sorry to hear that LK
Old 12-10-2003, 07:02 PM   #78
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Your day sounded unpleasant, Revruby I hope you manage to sort out the bank problem.

My dad is beginning to lose sleep and weight (consequently), and it is starting to become a rather vicious cycle because he worries so much over his health that he can't get any sleep [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] What makes it worse is that he is the taciturn sort and we have been the conservative sort of family who do not have many heart-to-heart talks. It is very difficult for me to bring up the subject without either of us feeling awkward. And my poor mum has to struggle along at home when I am away at work... I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can kick the work aside and proceed to claim my vacation leave (1-2 days at a time) so that I can spend more time with my family.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:06 PM   #79
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

well...went to the bank this afternoon.

i do not feel victorious but i am satisfied. the $14.74 will go back to checking, and the check to staples that nathan wrote on suday has not come through to bounce yet so it will be covered!

so happy. well....i'm gonna go...have a good day everyone...i might be back on tonight if i can't sleep tonight. ttyl!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #80
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Bah! I just found out that my parents tried to book a flight for my brother so he could be here for Christmas, but he told my grandparents he didn't want to go. This was going to be my last at-home Christmas before I head off for college, and not having my brother here wouldn't be very fun at all. I wouldn't want to burden my grandparents with another mouth to feed, but I'm thinking next weekend I'll drive over there and stay a few days. Should be nice, considering I won't get to see them again until May of next year.

[ 12-10-2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]