Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2003, 02:42 PM   #61
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I just had a dream like I didn't have in along time.

I dreamed a whole novel. I was woken up before the end of the dream, but I had to get up and write what I can remember before I forget it. I might write somethig inspired from it, it was very original.

That was a nice dream, I wish I would do that kind of dreams more often...
Yeah, those dreams are cool.

I remember having a very peciluar one when I was 8 years old or so.

In it, I was the protagonist - a James Bond type hero guy, who owns a mansion(and a servant) somewhere in the mountains(Austria?) . There were villains also - Some sort of bigfoot, and Hitler with his Nazi army, lol.

Okay, that might've not been Hitler, but at least I know it was an angry fellow with a mustache, and an evil general. I know that he was the villain because there were scenes, if you may call them that, which included him, shouting something like "Get that bastard!" in German. I don't know German myself - there were subtitles

It was extremely long, but I only remember a fraction of it. Let me see.. Hitler sent his lackies to try and kill me(tens, maybe hundreds of troops), which they had failed(surprise, surprise) and I had a one on one match with Bigfoot in my mansion, in which either I was able to kill him, or he ran away. I think there might've been some nuclear bombs dropping somewhere also.

Yeah, I know it's the lamest story one could make, but at that time, I thought it was really cool Like "The greatest action movie ever"
Old 12-09-2003, 03:18 PM   #62
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
I just had a dream like I didn't have in along time.

I dreamed a whole novel. I was woken up before the end of the dream, but I had to get up and write what I can remember before I forget it. I might write somethig inspired from it, it was very original.

That was a nice dream, I wish I would do that kind of dreams more often...
Yeah, those dreams are cool.

I remember having a very peciluar one when I was 8 years old or so.

In it, I was the protagonist - a James Bond type hero guy, who owns a mansion(and a servant) somewhere in the mountains(Austria?) . There were villains also - Some sort of bigfoot, and Hitler with his Nazi army, lol.

Okay, that might've not been Hitler, but at least I know it was an angry fellow with a mustache, and an evil general. I know that he was the villain because there were scenes, if you may call them that, which included him, shouting something like "Get that bastard!" in German. I don't know German myself - there were subtitles

It was extremely long, but I only remember a fraction of it. Let me see.. Hitler sent his lackies to try and kill me(tens, maybe hundreds of troops), which they had failed(surprise, surprise) and I had a one on one match with Bigfoot in my mansion, in which either I was able to kill him, or he ran away. I think there might've been some nuclear bombs dropping somewhere also.

Yeah, I know it's the lamest story one could make, but at that time, I thought it was really cool Like "The greatest action movie ever"
[/QUOTE]Those dreams are the best! I remember a few times I woke up after a dream in which I was either playing a video game or part of a video game, and every time I tell myself "WOW! This would make the best game ever!"
Old 12-09-2003, 03:37 PM   #63
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Those dreams are the best! I remember a few times I woke up after a dream in which I was either playing a video game or part of a video game, and every time I tell myself "WOW! This would make the best game ever!"
Oh yes, those are cool also. When I was small, I saw this game, which was this hybrid of Xenon, Ufo: Enemy Unknown and Pacman
Old 12-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #64
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

**runs in panting** Anyone seen rupert around here? Crap! Anyone see him, you tell him to get home right away! **stomps off grumbling angrily**

[ 12-09-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 12-09-2003, 06:52 PM   #65
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
**runs in panting** Anyone seen rupert around here? Crap! Anyone see him, you tell him to get home right away! **stomps off grumbling angrily**
uh oh, you need to find him quick [img]tongue.gif[/img] i heard some commition over in the direction of word events might check there
Old 12-09-2003, 09:27 PM   #66
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well I had a fun day today. Hung out with Em's bf Cassidy for a few hours this morning, got Phil's xmas presents shipped out, went to the mall and baught Audri a cute fairy shirt and Ciera a cute purple shirt that has this nifty lace on it, then used the remainder of my $$ to buy myself an expensive brand name shirt...but it was 50% off! I love the holidays
Old 12-09-2003, 11:15 PM   #67
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Some of you may remember my earlier thread about the service of credit card companies. Well, yesterday confirmed my poor opinion of American Express:

AMEX: Hi, Ms XX, I'd like to speak to you about our latest service. Could you spare a minute, please?

Me: Uh... (glancing at my inbox which was flooded with URGENT emails).. could I call you back, please?

AMEX: Never mind. (click)

I think I can live without this kind of service especially when I even offered to call them back.

Anyway, I have just terminated my card. Good riddance to bad rubbish [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #68
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I-i-i-i-i-i-it's... SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYY!!!! *runs outside in robe and tosses snow everywhere* YAY!!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-10-2003, 08:24 AM   #69
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

mistral-that's a telemarketing call. you cannot call them back because they are not actually your company, just a person paid by a company amex has contracted with to call you and try and soak you for all the money you have.

ok i had a bad day yesterday! i was going to post about it at 430 this morning but......iw wouldn't let me it did it's "cannot find server" thing it likes to do when i hit the reply button. so i'll just have to copy and paste what i had written up to begin with. WARNING THERE MAY BE TMI CONTAINED WITHIN!
my day has been hell. some good things but mostly hell. nathan was almost not there for my appt this morning just because he "lost track of time." i could have fried him. i was bawling thinking i'd have to turn down an internal because no one would be there to hold erilyn.

then my dr (the one i have scheduled ahead for) isn't there. not too bad once i found out why. his son has leukemia and is only like 2, had problems since 6months, and was coming home from heshey medical center today, so my dr wanted to be there. not too bad, cept the dr i saw, despite having small hands and being female, HURT ME ALOT just reaching my cervix. which just happens to be "maybe a 1." and yes that is disappointing to me because i don't want my hopes up, as well as i do really want a christmas baby. but i am still very high (i guess that is why it felt like she clawed her way up there with her nails and ring.)

next on the list for the day was lunch at applebee's for a friend who is changing duty stations (army stuffs) he is not going far, but we attended the lunch to show him support. we stopped at the bank first to pull out like $10 or $15 just in case we went over the $25 i had already gotten yesterday. come to find out we're delinquent int hat account. no reason to be that either of us can recall. went to lunch and i decided that erilyn and i needed a nap before going into the bank to find out the problem. woke up late from that but called the bank. come to find out that on the first when my husband deposited his first stapels check ($39.74) the witch of a teller took it upon herself to put $14.74 of it towards nathan's credit card with that bank! because of that we are delinquent. so i get to go in (today since it's wednesday) and raise the roof. nathan did not recieve a receipt for the transaction and so did not sign for that transfer. i think there is a chance we can get her on some legal grounds, and i'd love to see her fired even if we don't get any reimbursement for the problems it has caused. and what is really lovely, the bounced check is to staples, nathan's second job! he feels he could lose his job for this.

sooooo.....my day of hell actually continued. i went to a church ladies christmas function and was uncomfy all night long. my back hurt my belly hurt, etc. ate dinner but wasn't too hungry since i was in pain. when i came home kiddos were asleep, and i took two tylenol pm and a shower and went to bed myself.

so why am i awake now? because i decided that rolling over every hour on the hour is not helping me get rest. so i came on to post and to check what i can online of our bank account. if i have anymore fun news i'll let y'all's know!

UPDATE ON ALL THATur online account is locked, i get to go in there and raise the roof today with no idea what our recent bank history is
Old 12-10-2003, 08:33 AM   #70
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yikes, hope your day is better today, revruby!

I'm at work and it's cold in here. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Waiting to get some forms filled out and find a file someone borrowed, but nothing too interesting going on besides that!

Thinking of making some fudge tonight for the office, depends on if I'm feeling energetic when I get home tonight!