Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
Stele
Elite Waterdeep Guard

need to ask this question, does anybody know a way to add a specific item to your inventory, (ie Aribeth's ring), very close to the end of the second last chapter, i hope, have not put any points in Charisma, my Persuade skill blows, which would explain why npc's in the game are always one step away from kicking my ass. now i know alot of people will say hey why ruin your game and the experience of playing it, well i will probably not have time to play as much as i would like if i had to restart it, new career and all, trying to finish games that i never got around to finishing, waste of money in some cases, with NWN i just want to finish it because it is a great game, for me an unofficial sequel to the Baldur's Gate games. so if anyone out there knows how to import Aribeth's Ring into your inventory let me know, why it disappears for no reason when possessing it near the end of the game plays an important part, arrgghhh. this will teach me never again to create characters for any games with the emphasis on "Hack 'n' Slash". thanks
Stele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:31 PM   #2
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

You can add any items you want into a created module, even I believe the ring. So go into the tool set, open up a module orcreate your own then put the ring on the ground somewhere. Just after you start the last chapter go to options and save character. Now start up the edited module, import premade character and pick up the ring. Then save character again. Now do start new game and you can start straight at the last chapter. All your items get transfered over when you save character, so you'll be exactly the same as you were, plus have the ring.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #3
AndyG
Elminster

It shouldn't take a lot of persuasion skill or charisma to get Aribeth's ring. You can try a potion of Eagle's Splendor, or buy an item that adds a few points to the Persuade ability (or both...).
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, it seems that her ring isn't in the tool set. The Henchmens items are, under plot items, but not hers. The only way to get the ring now I think would be to save your character and go back to chapter 2 and get the ring again. You're a high level so you should be able to have the whole conversation straight away. Then start chapter 3 again. Or better yet, wait till you reach chapter 4 and do it before you do any of that chapter. Then you don't have to play through chapter 3 again. Have you tried the divining pool in the temple? It may appear there, I lost Solomons ring in chapter 2 and it was in the pool.