Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hey, it isn't much, but did you know that each different race in your party has different responses to the villagers of easthaven? For instance, if your a dwarf, they tell you about dorn's deep, and you can get a gem from them. And if your a gnome, they talk about good ol fiddlebender, and you can get a sample knucklebone fish. With that, give it to the frightened boy, and get a free fish for goodluck along your travels. I did it, and it gave me good luck. For the elves, the villagers just talk about the other elf in the inn, and i don't recall anything special for the halfling or human.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 09:41 AM   #2
Elif Godson
Dracolich

was unaware of that, thank's I'll give it a try.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Good skills. If I remember correctly, I did notice something like that with different races, but I suppose most Dwarves/Gnomes are never given sufficient enough CHR to effect their use as party-spokesperson. At least, I'd imagine not.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:33 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Not a "race" thing, but a Bard will be able to spin a ballad about the party's travels to Easthaven and get a gem from a villager as well.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

That's true, oh mighty Saz of infinite leadership. I bow before you. As always you are correct. I'd forgotten I had a bard with the group. The avenues it opened are quickly forgotten by this ingrate!
Old 11-09-2001, 05:23 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wow, i never knew a bard could get that! Thanks guys, who knows if more classes will get rewards. Thanks guys!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:56 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This one isn't really a reward (I had noticed those things too) but at the severed hand when Larrel first sees you, if you have a dwarf he says something along the lines of 'how dare a dwarf come to this place.'
Old 11-09-2001, 08:56 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wow, never knew that, but i might of suspected that, after all the dwarves did get blamed for killing the elves, and selling items to the goblins
GOOD PARTIES LOOK HERE
For your info, it wasn't the dwarves that sold the items to the goblins. If you talk the (SPOILER) drow merchant, and ask about traveling, he'll tell you he did the trading. He was in for the gold, so i say, buy and use him up, until you don't need him, and then, without tellin him, haste and work wonder spells (chant, defensive harmony, etc) and whack him into kibbles before he teleports. Get ur guys to surrround him, though.