Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by scudgod31:
ive never had this problem rly im just posting to change my avatar [img]smile.gif[/img]
I hope you're joking, scud, because on IW it's not a good idea. Last time Ziroc saw someone spamming for ranks they lost their post count and then got suspended. So please don't do it.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Mailboxes here are constantly plagued by kids with baseball bats. Our was bad until a handy neigbor got us matching boxes encased in a wood frame
I know a woman who had her mailbox destroyed so much she finally got an iron post and cemented it in. One day she found a broken bat and part of someone's fender next to her mailbox but the box was still standing!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #23
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I managed to salvage one of the lights. They just took it apart, and I still have the pieces to plant it in the ground so I will be placing it in the flower garden within the yard, the other was smashed beyond repair.

[ 06-17-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 06-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #24
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Mailboxes here are constantly plagued by kids with baseball bats. Our was bad until a handy neigbor got us matching boxes encased in a wood frame
They used to do the same thing here but with garbage cans, until I put 400lbs of concrete in mine one day.

I was rather funny to hear them driving down the road, hitting the cans with bats one by one and then watch them hit mine. The kid's arm swung back, the bat took out the rear passenger side window and I do believe he broke his arm in the process.

Funny enough, I haven't had a problem with my garbage can since! Dumb little sh$ts!!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #25
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

That sucks Pritchke. What community do you live in? There are 3 or 4 high schools with reputations for stuff like that. I can't understand people who do things like that. Just dumb. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 11:20 PM   #26
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
Well there was an article in the newspaper about how the street I live in is considered the "worst street" in the town that I live in.
This was caused by a major case of vandalism/breaking and entering at a house not far from us.
Really, I didn't know that, how long ago was this?...most likely a while a go...who would of thought, a gentleman such as yourself living in a street such as that [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 06-18-2004, 12:26 PM   #27
pritchke

True_Moose I am on 1st Ave SE almost right across from the Burger King on Memorial Drive. The lights were in the back ally and often drunk teenagers wander by in the night but that is the first time anything was done.

[ 06-18-2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 06-18-2004, 02:20 PM   #28
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
True_Moose I am on 1st Ave SE almost right across from the Burger King on Memorial Drive. The lights were in the back ally and often drunk teenagers wander by in the night but that is the first time anything was done.
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Now I know where you live. That last light has no chance of survival. J/K

I use to live just off of 4th street SW and I think about 22 Ave. It was down where all those schools were. It was just behind lindsay(sp) park. We lived in an apartment at the time and did not have any troubles.

I was thinking we need to get a IW calgary meeting. I am hoping to be in Calgary on the 29th of june. There is at least two active posters that live in Calgary. And then there is little old me so that would be 3. We need to at least get a picture or something outside of the starbucks.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #29
Aerich
Lord Ao

Yeah, that kind of stuff pisses me off too. It's not intelligent, not responsible, not respectful, nothing. It's only stupid. It's a major waste of someone else's time, energy and money. There's no point to it, and it's not even properly evil. At least evil is rational sometimes, and has a purpose.

Nice to hear some of the stories about getting even. Concrete in the garbage can! LOL!!!

It gets worse, though. There's a bunch of little sh*ts in my town that have discovered the joys of swarming. They've frightened the living daylights out of seniors going for walks, people going shopping, and they even jumped an off-duty police officer who was riding a bicycle. A couple years ago, about a dozen of them jumped a kid two blocks from my house. He happened to be wearing a red jacket. Those gutless pukes model themselves after L.A. gangs, and their favoured colour is blue. So, guess what happened? The poor guy got punched in the head from behind so hard that his skull was fractured. He was found by an early morning jogger about four hours later. It's too bad he didn't die. He was in a coma for months, and now he's awake, but he doesn't have a mind or a personality any more. About all he can do is blink, and that's just because his body is still functioning. He's a complete vegetable.

They got the guy that did it, and he's sentenced to about 8 years. But that doesn't solve the problem. There's still too many of them that don't get caught. Sometimes it makes me want to turn vigilante.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #30
pritchke

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:

I was thinking we need to get a IW calgary meeting. I am hoping to be in Calgary on the 29th of june. There is at least two active posters that live in Calgary. And then there is little old me so that would be 3. We need to at least get a picture or something outside of the starbucks.
That sounds like a good idea. But which Starbucks, Calgary is peppered with them.

[ 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]