Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Thurskin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a question. I am trying to finish Korgan's quest and I have made it to fight the thugs on top of the Copper Coronet...

Every time I try to fight them, THEIR cleric uses spells (I don't!) which summons the mages that say "illegal use of spell casting".....my characters somehow aggravate these mages and then they turn on me....

How do I avoid this?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2002, 05:46 PM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

This is very strange I don't remember this ever happening to me usually the cowled ones only come if I cast a spell. The solution to the problem would be to go to the government district and buy a magic license (5000 gold) then the wizards shouldn't bother you, hopefully. If this doesn't work I don't know how you'd solve this. If you don't have enough gold your in trouble you could always wait until you have 5000, I don't know if they'll stay on the roof however or if there's a time limit. To get the magic license talk to Corneil in the council of six building in the government district.

[ 07-17-2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]
Old 07-17-2002, 07:05 PM   #3
Thurskin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks.

I think what is happening is that they are coming...and my guys might be attacking them....and this, in turn, causes them to attack me....
Old 07-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That's truly bizarre. Not only should the Cowls not come when your enemies cast spells, they ALSO should not care about PRIEST spells. Sounds like those busybodies are bored and looking to pick a fight....so give them what they want.

Before you take on Korgan's goons, cast Stoneskin or something outdoors. Let the Cowls come, and kill them. They got to fight, and you got to loot their bodies. Everybody's happy. After that, you should have an 8-hour window (or something like that) where no more Cowled Wizards will show up no matter what you do. That's been my experience, anyway.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:19 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Question... do you have Keldorn in your party? If you do, then I think I know what is going on.

[ 07-18-2002, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #6
Thurskin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes. My party is:

Me (Kensai Fighter/Mage)
Keldorn
Korgan
Minsc
Yoshimo
Viconia

What do you think is going on?
Old 07-18-2002, 05:40 PM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

keldorns armour has an enchantment on it that if he's struck a fireshield protects him so this counts as a spell when he's struck with a weapon that's why the cowled wizards are appearing.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:31 PM   #8
Thurskin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah hah....Thanks. I will remove the armor when I fight those guys....
Old 07-19-2002, 01:38 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I should start charging money for my deduction skills.

j/k

~ADD] I seem to recall that it was his sword that has the enchantment, not his armour. I may be mistaken though. In addition, if you download the Baldurdash Fixpack, it will eliminate this bug among several others.

[ 07-19-2002, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 06:44 AM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

It is indeed Keldorn's sword that does the retaliation damage.

[ 07-19-2002, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote