Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

I still (after 2 months on and off) can't beat these guys. The only thing that seems to work is a +4 flail after Madae's defenses go down. But I seem to be down to about 3 people by then. Anybody got any good ideas or spells (that actually work).
Old 05-18-2003, 06:35 AM   #2
Blood_Golem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler

Kill the bloke in the next room who keeps summoning monsters, then kill all of I & M's sidekicks. Keep I & M busy with summoned monsters while there defences go down then get all the members in your team who can fight against one of the twins.(I chose Isair). Isair is weak to cold damage so have your wizard fire ice spells at him. U only need to kill one to win. When they move on to the room with the pool continue to attack whoever u were attacking before and ignore the slayer knights.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:49 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spread out your party as soon as the dialogue is finished - that will help minimize the damage caused by the Blashepmy spells.

As suggested previously, take out that summoner in the next room asap - his summoned monsters are a real pain. Don't forget the mage behind the twins, he can do some nasty damage.

If you did NOT kill the monks in the monastery, they will come to your suport and can keep some of Isair and Madae's henchmen busy. Summon some monsters of your own to help target the henchmen. IIRC, you can also try targetting one of the twins with multiple Lower Resistance spells - that should allow your spells a chance to hit that twin. If that doesn't work, use the mage to target the henchmen and go toe-to-toe with one of the twins with your tanks.

Other than that, use as many buffs on your party as possible. By this time, you should be able to get multiple stone skins on your party. Add protection from evil, haste, improved invisibility, hope, bless, and recitation. Use mirror image, shield, ghost armor and seven eyes on the mage. Toss in an executioner's eye and Aura of Vitality. Don't forget your potions. Potions of Heroism, Invulnerability, absorption - even minor mirror image can be very useful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If your cleric is getting hammered, use a santuary spell for a temporary respite.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

I want to add some good info to what Micah said. I recently completed the final battle (again), but I was shocked.... SHOCKED by how easily I CRUSHED Isair and Madae. This was with NO cheating other than unlimited gold; no modded weapons, etc. My party was a group of 6 with all characters at level 16, as usual. It was not a powergamed party. Very much a strong roleplaying party.

Like always, I fully buffed my party after defeating (I should really say DESTROYING) the delegation of half-dragons. Aside from all of the obvious buffing and potion drinking, I used a level 8 divine buffing spell, Holy Aura. Holy Aura is THE uber protection spell!!!

Holy Aura protects the entire party and lasts for 1 round/level.

It has 4 major effects:

1. +4 to deflection bonus (to AC) and _4 to all saves
2. +25 spell resistance
3. protection against charm and domination spells
4. any evil creature striking a protected character (in melee) must make a Fort. save or be blinded for 3 rounds.

This spell allowed my 2 tanks who had stayed in the middle of the twins throne room to kill the mage standing behind the twins (while my other 4 headed away from the twins to get out of the Blasphemy area of effect and to wipe out the summoner) and to IGNORE the Blasphemy spell totally!!! The +25 spell resistance protected my 2 tanks totally!!! No being stunned for 1 round!
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote