Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
Ledribaen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm trying to raise the spells on my bishop out of combat, for air I use missile shield, fire I use light, earth I use knock knock, divine I use heal 1*may be a SPOILER*(in lower martens bluff there is that door which damages your party, makes it very easy to raise divine without entering combat =)). for mental I use xray and detect secrets. Ok, the problem is that using knock knock and heal wounds my earth and divine skill are raising very fast, but spell realms like air, fire, and mental just won't go up! is there no easy way to raise these passively or will I have to do it during combat?

Thanks in advance.
Ledribaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 07:06 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

For mental spells, try Mindread when you're in the conversation screen with an NPC.

Unfortunately, fire and air are harder. Light isn't all that great, unless you rest after casting at a low level, then cast again when it wears off.

If you're going to do that, then cast Missile Shield just before resting, too.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Mage_77
Manshoon

Charm is also good for Mental realm. Its a level 1 spell (can actually choose it when creating a bishop).

In the lower monastery is a coffin that has a gas trap when you open it. This is better IMO than the door in Marten's Bluff due to being able to work on both Divine (heal) & Water (cure lesser condition). Also you can rest in that room with the coffin without having mobs attack you. LMB requires you to run to a room you can close the door on to do the same thing. It also requires you to go hostile with the Trang on most occasions.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:55 AM   #4
NCSUWufPak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it's not a beginning level combo of spells, but casting Set Portal, moving two steps away, and casting Return to Portal, if done enough times, will build Air magic and can also cause your highest Mastery skill to go up.