Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 06:31 AM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Well, my vile one orcish fighter is 14th level now
and for the past 3 levels i have found no new feats that are really worthwhile to get.
it seems as tho being a fighters only advantage is the sheer number of feats you can choose; and since i favor the two-bladed sword i didnt need to choose all of those extra duel wielding feats; so now im not finding anything of particular use to choose from.

So anyhow, anyone leveled a fighter to 20th and find something more useful along the way? or should i duel class to a barbarion for the rest of my levels to gain the berserker rage and movement rate increase.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 06:33 AM   #2
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Well, there are a few alright feats. Dodge for one, lightning reflexes. But those two are really straining, because by now your fighter should have a great reflex save and a great AC. mabye you should dual class into a thief? Offer more skills? Or mabye give your character some balance and gain a few levels in mage?
Old 07-02-2002, 06:39 AM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

me orc is veeerry dumb ugly and unwise -p typical orc; so couldnt go clericly or magery with him
and his hit points number 235 currently; so the thieving arts are rather pointles when i can just laugh at even the most deadly traps

guess ill go with barbarion for the rage as i thought before then
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 06:49 AM   #4
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

well, so what you do some ungodly amount of damage? Add that to a d6 sneak attack! It would be nifty... to say the least. But if you wish to stay a fighterish thing, try going barbarian as you mentioned earlier. The feats are all cool, they all serve a purpose but not all are really all the easy to use. Another option is bard.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:37 AM   #5
Lord Shield

i went for Fighter who has rogue levels too. You get to disarm traps/pick locks/use funny magic items and can sneak attack
Old 07-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #6
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Ever play a thief/mage? Thats an odd combination in the real DnD game.

PC T/M: Ok I try to pick the lock
DM: You fail
PC T/M: Fine ITEMIZE!
Old 07-02-2002, 09:47 AM   #7
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Did you choose ambidexterity, two weapon fighting etc? Because you need them for double headed weapons too. Using a weapon like the two headed sword suffers the same penalties as using two seperate weapons.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:20 PM   #8
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
Well, my vile one orcish fighter is 14th level now
and for the past 3 levels i have found no new feats that are really worthwhile to get.
it seems as tho being a fighters only advantage is the sheer number of feats you can choose; and since i favor the two-bladed sword i didnt need to choose all of those extra duel wielding feats; so now im not finding anything of particular use to choose from.

So anyhow, anyone leveled a fighter to 20th and find something more useful along the way? or should i duel class to a barbarion for the rest of my levels to gain the berserker rage and movement rate increase.
You still need to get the dual-weapon feats for a two-headed weapon, they reduce your penalties. Also, the improved two weapon fighting feat gives you another off-hand attack.

Try for the range weapon feats as well, they are good. And don't forget iron will, dodge, lightning reflexes, and great fortitude, you can never get your saves high enough.

[ 07-02-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Madriver ]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
Ryan Smith
Welcomed New User

Since you are a half-orc, if you choose any other class than Barabarian, you will incur experience point penalties.
Ryan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote