Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Ok I might have screwed this one up, like always. I don't have a backup save, how typical!
This is the thing: Edwin turned rather female, well completly - the works!
Ok, this might be normal for an evil power hungry wizard from Thay, but when one of his collegues came asking for him i thought It could be his cure. But then Edwin attacked! Said I betrayed him, that the wizard was out to get him and such.
Ok, not good, so I reloded. This time I told the wizard to mind his own buissness and so on. This time the wizard attacked. After his death Edwin was glad...and I thought all was good. But from hanging out on these forums where you are bound to get spoiled (and wanting to be, as well) I heard that the wizard was actually out to cure my dear Edwin. Is this true or is it another wizard? If it was the wizard that I killed, is there a way to CLUA him in again? If not, Edwin will just have to get used to being a woman! (which actually suits him right!)
Old 06-02-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

the wizard should have changed edwin back, prior to attacking him. I guess you screwed this up.

Can't, alas, say what the clua needed, i simply do not know.

Suggestion: Reload.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tyrion,

If you really want it to be that way, I'd suggest you to reload as well.
When the red wizard shows, you'll be able to (well, pick the approparite dialogue) cover for Edwin yet not leading the wizard to attack.
Then there'll be a sceond encounter and everything will be just fine.

Though, I think it'll be fun to see lady Edwin throughout the game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
One of the most fun I had with the game was when I took lady Edwin to the underdark, and since the wizard cannot show up during Chapter 4 and 5, she stayed that way for a loooong while (actually, the longer she stays that way, the more chance you're going to see more reactions from the NPCs).

[ 06-02-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 06-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

Well, reloading is impossible, as I said. What is the name of the Wizard? i want to have him changed back...but the NPC reactions are fun: Anomen is now protector knight of Edwina [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If it's too late to Reload, then Shadowkeeper is the only way. CLUAing Degardan back in won't do the trick--you'll also have to find the quest-variable and correct it (to what, I don't know, but I guess a simple increment would do the trick).

Either that, or just settle for Edwina. It's not like she isn't just as much fun as Edwin. ("Do the indignities never end? My spell has failed!")

Ahh, to be a Red Wizard of Thay.
ADVANTAGES: Can cast 2 extra spells from every spell level
DISADVANTAGES: Cannot wear Boots of Speed
Old 06-02-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I suffered the same problem Tyrion - I defended my buddy Edwin (err, or should I say Edwina) the whole way. There's lots of amusing stories of those who have experienced this in the archives.

Although I ended up killing the mage unbenownst to me at the time as being the only legitimately implemented way to alter Edwin's change, I endured the rest of the game with Edwina and it was hilariously fun to say the least.

Everybody mocks me with their eyes...
I can feel your stare...DIE...DIE!

However, strangely enough, once I defeated Jonny in Suldanesslar, just before I made the transition to ToB, I got the old Edwin back. No explanation or anything - he was just back.

So really, why not just live with Edwina for awhile? [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:19 AM   #7
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I'd rather have Edwina.

Curious: Why can't he use Boots of Speed?
Old 06-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

Ok then I will just go with her...she's not as hot as Viconia, but she'll do.

and just as frogg I ask why they cant use boots of speed?