Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 07:53 AM   #1
rohlof
Welcomed New User

i play a ranger and i need help.

what for a level is required to cast spells and how do I learn spells?

my ranger is about level 7 my wisdom is 14 and i am able to take feats, but i cannot summone them...
also i can't cast healing nor anything else.

i've rested one time yet, but there was no success in gaining spells.
have i to buy 'learning-scrolls' or something?

thanks for help.
rohlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:03 AM   #2
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Hmm, you should be able to cast spells at level 6 for a ranger. Thats what it says in the book, I dont know though I havent played a ranger yet. I will check it out and get back to you.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:41 AM   #3
AndyG
Elminster

To cast spells, press the B key to bring up the spell list. You'll be presented with a list of spells on the left, and empty spell slots on the right. Click on a spell on the left. A question mark and an arrow will show up. Click the question mark to get a spell description. Click the arrow to add it to your list of spells to be memorized. When all your slots are filled, close the spellbook window.

Now, rest. You must rest to memorize your spells.

You now have spells memorized. You can cast spells several ways. The easiest is to make a quick bar button for them. Right click on an empty quick bar space. In the upper right corner is the spells menu option. Click on it. Click on ranger spells. Click on level 1. Click on a spell. That spell will now appear on the quick bar, and you can cast it by click that button or pressing the appropriate F key. If it's a targetted spell, like entangle, the mouse will turn into a targetting cursor, and you will click where you want the spell to take effect.

You also have an animal companion. This is a special ability, and is also available on the radial menu. You can make a quick key for this too, same as before, but fewer steps.

I hope this helps.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:44 AM   #4
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Elite Waterdeep gaurds rule!

When do rangers get their spells? Is it 6th?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

yep level 6, lower if you have a high wisdom.You can get a bonus level 1 spell at level 4.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
AndyG
Elminster

I think at fifth level.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote