Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2003, 04:55 AM   #1
Midget Gems

I just noticed that my Fighter/Thief can use his skills while wearing a particular plate armour. He still can't do Stealth but the disarm traps and pick-pocket icon is working ok. Is this a feature or a bug? The armour in question is Full Plate Mail +1, it looks like it was designed for a woman, and I think I might have got it from the guy in the Watchtower. Anyone help me out here? Also noticed that I can do Stealth in the Elven Chainmail but that is a known feature, also there's no way my Fighter/Mage would let the Thief borrow his pride and joy, it's a must have item.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I believe that's a feature - full plate is too clunky to allow a thief to move silently. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are two sets of elven chain mail in the severed hand - both of which allow mages to cast spells. They are both random drops however.

[ 04-20-2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #3
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

Possible spoilers
In chapter 5 or six you have to get a badge off a guy that resides in a theif stronghold, there i think you can find shadowed studded leather +2 whicher adds about 30 or 40% to all theif abilitys, loosing the armour class points is well worth it!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
Midget Gems

Ok so we agree about Stealth, but that isn't what I'm interested in. I'm using my Fighter/Theif mainly for Traps and Locks, because he is my archer. If I need to explore up ahead, then the girls can use Sanctuary or Invisibility. This is the first time in BG or IWD that I have found Full Plate that allows Trap DISARM, Locks and Pockets. That's why I thought it must be a bug.