Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">The latest in reality TV. I don't know but reality TV seems to push to far some times. In this one two families swap wives and if the wives stay for a week they get $50,000 to keep, or give to the family they stayed with, but the catch is the family must spend it as the new wife says. I have watched 3 shows so far and what is interesting is the reaction between the moms and there new families. Sometimes the new moms are not much different but other times it is a totally different environment for them.

Last night we had this extremely rich wife swapped with a poor farmers wife. The rich are funny, and I didn't even believe that the type of really wealthy rich people that are so naive or full of themselves that they think they are poor or middle class. The kids have no responsibility around the house what so ever, pampered, pampered, pampered if something happened to there Dads money I would say they would kill themselves because they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. I liked the rich Mom, and she adapted to country life pretty well, given that she comes from a mansion with a waterfall/pool in the back yard. Her quote that cracked me up was, "I am not rich were middle class", she has a Jaguar for a car, natural pool with, waterfall in the back yard and she is middle class, yah right. The only thing I could see to make her think that is in the area she lives in they are middle of the rich class and oblivious to anything outside her city. Well no family is perfect and the poorer family defiantly has its flaws and the Mom moved to the rich family did not adapt very well. Both Dads were pretty abysmal, one verbally put his son down all the time, the other was a rich snob.

It is an interesting reality show to say the least. It either brings out the worst or best in people. The last swap had two very nice families and both did very well. The one before that was a cat fight when the two moms met for the first time, the clean Mom did keep the cat, the dirty Mom probably got back her 30 animals and let feces collect on her wall again. Judas!!!

What Reality show is next, or hasn't been ddone before!!! I am thinking this fad will die off in a decade or two.</font>

[ 10-06-2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh, darn. I thought that was an invitation!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Oh, darn. I thought that was an invitation!
<font color=skyblue>Then it would have been on GenCon. </font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Although I have hated the last few "family member swap" shows I actually got a few laughs out of this show, Im guessing you saw the one where the poorer family gave the $50,000 dollars to the maid of the rich family? Hehehe I had a good laugh at that, the look on the family's face was hilarious, as if they needed the money!!! And when the rich woman had a "Party" with the "black" family and all their friends, and she made them eat salad and listen to country music
Well I laughed anyway.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Letter

"Reality TV" - an oxymoron, right???
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:08 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Try the original wife swap. Support your local swingers' club. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #7
Gxc
Elminster

But i dont have a wife! OH!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:44 PM   #8
Gxc
Elminster

ahhh wait ive heard of this show and seen it i guess its alright i dont plan on watching it but its fun to watch when nothing else is on and i have nothing else to do and im completly bored.. But it still pretty good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #9
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Gxc:
its fun to watch when nothing else is on and i have nothing else to do and im completly bored..
You could always spam & double post all over Ironworks... [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Just kidding... [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote