Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #11
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmn i agree with epona, all fences,wall or hedges...ive got a hdge and i want a damned wall (all the 'rude boys' sit on me hedge and its all outta shape now.... ).
Felix
Old 08-01-2002, 10:52 AM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Looking out of my window, I can see that every house on my street that I can see has either a fence or a hedge. The house across the road has a wall...
Here in Norway to all houses have fences or hedges but not here at my house so here can all peoples drink all the BEERS that i have back in my yard LOL and that is not so cool, maby i build a wall around my house soon so that i can have my beers for my self lol!
Old 08-01-2002, 10:56 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Cloudy, I think it has a lot to do with whether your house is standing alone or if the neighbouring houses directly adjoin it. In Holland, almost all houses are terraced/row houses, so all the (usually small) gardens border on eachother. Often a fence or hedge is the only way to distinguish which bit belongs to you.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:58 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

That's a good point Mel! So maybe density of houses makes a difference too. Err that is the density of housing.. I doubt how thick the house walls are matters.. LOL Did I mention I was half awake?

[ 08-01-2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-01-2002, 11:16 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

In the town where I spent my teenage years, most middle-class neighborhoods had no fences in the front yards (but almost all had back-yard fences); the more wealthy neighborhoods had either no fences or hedge boundaries.
Where I live now is pretty much the same--most houses don't have fences (they are so close together there is no room for a fence [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] ).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:00 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Whoo.. answers so soon! Thank you! Hmm johnny, there's a thought I'd missed.. LOL, do you keep your beer in your yard?

Seriously, this is very interesting.
Not in summertime, if there's one thing i hate it's warm beer But in winters i just put it outside and so do many other Dutch people. If you're looking for free beer, just sneak over other peoples fences, it'll be there. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 02:51 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Azred, that's an interesting point! Do you think the hedge borders are more indicative of a 'well off' household or just trendy?

johnny, I remember hanging stuff out the window when I was living in Moscow both times.. but my cheese and soda froze a few times! LOL Never had beer out there.. Soviet beer was putrid! Plus I'm not a big fan of beer- I prefer mixed drinks or brandy!
Old 08-01-2002, 03:06 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It doesn't get THAT cold overhere Cloudy. And when the temperature drops too quickly i'll bring em inside. It's only a temporary solution, so i can put food in my fridge for a change. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
It doesn't get THAT cold overhere Cloudy. And when the temperature drops too quickly i'll bring em inside. It's only a temporary solution, so i can put food in my fridge for a change. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Hmmm I was in Amsterdam for a week back in.. hmm.. methinks it was January 1986 and it got darn cold! Canals froze! Beersicles anyone?

[ 08-01-2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-01-2002, 03:08 PM   #20
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Whoo.. answers so soon! Thank you! Hmm johnny, there's a thought I'd missed.. LOL, do you keep your beer in your yard?

Seriously, this is very interesting.
Not in summertime, if there's one thing i hate it's warm beer But in winters i just put it outside and so do many other Dutch people. If you're looking for free beer, just sneak over other peoples fences, it'll be there. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Many people have dogs... beware of them