Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #1
Magneto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey i just started playing bg2 again and i cant seem to get past the demi lich in watchers keep.. he is the one sort of by the machine of lum the mad and everytime i go in his room i cant kill him and he casts imprisonment on my whole party.. any ideas?
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

need a little more info what characters at what levels, look at dundee's sig fot the ways to stop imprisonment
Old 02-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
Magneto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

playing with 18 invoker, 21 berserker, 22 priest of talos, multi fighter lvl 14/druid lvl 14, 25 assasin, 18 necro
Old 02-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
Magneto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

and i dont even see a sig on dundees post
Old 02-18-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Go to the SoA forum and run a search on "kangaxx". One demi-lich is much like another.

Dundee's sig isnt used in all of his posts, but it is used. Might have to hunt a bit for it. Links in it are vey useful.

www.baldurdash.org has a section "50 ways to kill your kangaxx". A humerous look at methods of offing Kangaxx, and it applies to this one as well.

This demi-lich dosent have any scripting, so you can use a protection from magic scroll or a protection from undead scroll to render him harmless. Mace of Disruption will kill him extremely quickly. Otherwise +4 weapons should hurt him. Magic is virtualy useless against him.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:36 PM   #6
Magneto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok thanks for the help i killed him and now i have another question.. should i attempt to kill the dragon saradex?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, to tell you all the truth, as apposed to the lich, I have no idea what you're all talking about. I've even read about him in a walkthrough, saying that he has the Purifier, but I never found him.

But onto Saladrex. I say go for it if you have the gear and if you have some experience in fighting dragons in the past. Do what I do and throw up a lot of magic protections and any spells that give you better saving throws or Ac bonuses. Then, when you fight him, your best bet is to use Whirlwind/Greater Whirlwind attack. Use it a couple of times with at least 3-4 of your party members and any of them that have the ability. After a few turns, he'll fall. Hope this helps.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:24 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

saladrex should be a cakewalk at this point, as for where the demilich is, he's in the githyanki side on the southwest wall(if north is the top of the screen)
Old 02-19-2003, 03:23 AM   #9
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

You know what? I've been through WK over twenty times, and I HAVE NEVER FOUND THE LICH! Can someone please tell me where he is and what he drops?
Old 02-19-2003, 03:29 AM   #10
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
This demi-lich dosent have any scripting, so you can use a protection from magic scroll or a protection from undead scroll to render him harmless. Mace of Disruption will kill him extremely quickly. Otherwise +4 weapons should hurt him. Magic is virtualy useless against him.
I killed that particular demi-lich yesterday, Mace of Disruption +2 will not, I repeat, WILL NOT kill him. I sent Annoyman, protected from undead, carrying the mace. He hits, it says "undead destroyed", but it isn't. He continues to float happily. Ah, well, it took a few more hits to make him bounce of the ground .

It has no Purifier, it has Dagger of the Star +4.

Berserker's rage makes the berserker immune to imprisonment (and it is all that matters). Slayer's change does also.

I'll not kill Saladrex, he proved to be friendly. I don't kill friendly people (nor dragons ).
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote