Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2000, 03:52 AM   #1
Jacki2

I have looked through all the archived messages and haven't found an answer to exactly where Scalan is except that he's on the top level of the asylum. I have been there as both a Warrior and as a Wizard and I'm at my wits end. I seem to go as high as I can, even tried jumping on top of the lift, which did nothing but injure me. I simply can't find him. I feel really dumb since everyone else apparently had no trouble finding him and I'm not blond either.

Can someone please help me?
Old 12-18-2000, 03:59 AM   #2
tritone

After you pass the Warrior's or Wizard's Firepits puzzle areas, you should be able to advance through a tomb-like area before reaching an underground dock/pool. Swim through this area. If I recall correctly, this leads to a system of sewers with rooms. Get out of the water when you can and explore the passages (this would be the Asylum). Just keep exploring, and eventually you should go up a ramp/staircase (I can't recall exactly) and come upon Scabban (not Scalan). Quite a hideous fellow. Complete your conversation with him and then kill him if you wish. AFter which, flip the lever behind him and dive into the pool in the floor...

(I'm not sure what lift you're refering to).
Old 12-19-2000, 12:00 AM   #3
Jacki2

In the place where I can get out of the water, there are several ramps and stairs to climb to different levels. On one of these levels there is a lift that only goes down by clicking on a lever. Since you didn't know about this it leaves me wondering more if I'm in the right place to find this guy Scabban.

I went through the Wizard's fire trap, fell down an open trap door, got to the docks, swam until I could get out at the Asylum fought the undead there, went up all the stairs I could find and can't find anywhere where I can go higher.
Old 12-19-2000, 12:47 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I know the lift you mean Jacki, and I remember getting confused in this area too. Best bet is to use spirit eye (I think there is the odd lever about), and make sure you have taken all options available when swimmingas well. Eventually I found a place where you could jump over to the other side o the river if I recall correctly. Goo luck.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 12:49 AM   #5
frogman

I have the same problem, I dive into the water, go down to the second level. Swim through the tunnel, but I can't get out of the water.
Old 12-19-2000, 07:36 PM   #6
Laurence
Welcomed New User

Vague memory that Scabban was after:
- a fairly broad bridge across the water
- a ramp up, which had 2 coffins at the bottom, in between 2 right turns.

I sympathise, as the main problem is that checking the map for unexplored areas cuts off where the level changes.This happens a lot in the Asylum.
Laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 06:33 PM   #7
Jacki2

Eureka!

For those who are following behind me and before I forget, there's a damaged part of the walkway at the top level of the Asylum. At that spot you must jump over to get to the other part of the Asylum where Scabbon is.

Finally found that sucker. Thanks for all the help everyone!