Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heh. Read this. Draw your own conclusions.
Quote:
1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
Megabot

Wery great Hor!
Old 09-27-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

everyone and his brother knows that Neil armstrong didn't land on the moon! hah! that was all fabricated of course! The men who did the stunt were then put in a limo and taken to Area 51 where they were shot and their courpses were cut up and molded to look like aliens, then when a weather baloon crashed that was designed to fly over russia, they claimed a UFO landed, ONCE, and then denied it while also allowing the public to gian acess to the false footage they did... yeap...

The real lunar landing was the one that took a color camera up, and yet they experienced camera failure because they dropped the stupid thing so many times and let it focus on the sun, destorying the lense... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2002, 12:54 PM   #4
Horatio

Of course, when America 'lands' on the moon, no one will be able to tell if it's fact. Just think of what they'll be able to create with today's computer graphics.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:48 PM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

Conspiracy theorists... take any event that's hard to verify and make it a "conspiracy".

Well... it's not hard to verify that 33 Saturn V rockets were launched during it's operational career (without a single failure).

and it's not hard to verify that the Saturn V (Most powerful rocket ever launched) was fully capable of propelling the lunar module to the moon.

and it's not hard to verify that those lunar flights DID take off... with lunar orbiter and lander aboard... and astronauts of course. The astronauts all survived, so they must have gotten back to earth somehow.

SO... we went through all the bother of creating the Saturn V, the orbiter and lander... and firing them into space... just to fake the easy part (low g moon landing) after the fact.

Doesn't pass the "is this too stupid to believe" test imo. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2002, 03:00 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I think we've all disregarded the one piece of irrefutible proof that NASA *never* landed on the moon:

Despite numerous requests, NASA has never produced even one single sample of lunar green cheese.

What more do you need?;D
Old 09-27-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I think we've all disregarded the one piece of irrefutible proof that NASA *never* landed on the moon:

Despite numerous requests, NASA has never produced even one single sample of lunar green cheese.

What more do you need?;D
Oh please, that is SO dumb.
I asked the gnome under my bed about lunar cheese and he said that it didn't exist, so there! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2002, 03:10 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That was probably an underpantsgnome, and they happen to know nothing about lunar cheese. I thought you knew ?
Old 09-27-2002, 03:12 PM   #9
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That was probably an underpantsgnome, and they happen to know nothing about lunar cheese. I thought you knew ?
I'm so damn mad with the gnomish worker union right now
Old 09-27-2002, 03:16 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm so damn mad with the gnomish worker union right now [/QUOTE]At least it's not a gremlin. Mine told me the moon was made of dirty socks and when I stole my brother's telescope to have a look it stole my underwear drawer

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.