Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
morgain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, I'm here again. Missing me ? (Hope so...)
I've finished Shurugeon Castle and actually I'm trying to enter the Stout Mines where a guy asks me for a writ to allow me entering. What's this stuff ? (I tried to give him the clan invitation from the blacksmith, but it doesn't work). I suppose I must give him a scroll that obviously I have not. Where can I find it ?

By the way, I had never met the merewolf I have to kill to complete the first quest for the town hall. I thought the beast had killed Ardibren and that I could find it out nearby, but ... no. Where is this beast ?

Thks for help.
morgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
BrandonL
Manshoon

Yeah, I'm wondering the same about the werewolf thing, cause I have no clue as to where this creature is.
BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 10:34 PM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Morgain...You're back.

The writ for the stout mines is on the ground, by a burned body, next to a chest. You might have passed it on your way. It's in the area where the griffin is, but alittle farther north and west.

As for the werewolf...He is usually found along the western edge of the shire, between the mines and dragon spire. Some say.. he only comes out at night. I know I have found him at night, but I don't remember if it was always at night.

Good Luck...Keep us posted.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:30 AM   #4
morgain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Damned !! I've already killed the griffin, but I can't remember where it was located !! I feel I should be obliged to go up and down all along the paths around the Mines to find it !! It's not my cup of tea for I'm the kind of girl who lost herself every time there is a crossway.... (in gameplay, but in life too...).

I glanced to the Booger Prison between times, and when I felt down into the cave I've been cursed and became an ogre (my party, in fact : I'm always the same blonde when looking in the mirror, or maybe I'm blinded ??). Is it normous (having been cursed, I mean) ? How to recover my former party : as ogres, they can't cast any spells ?

Thks for the information regarding the writ. Hope I'll find it soon.
See you later (alas, since I'm always the same lost girl crying out for help... but some day I'll be a GREAT RPG player, maybe...).
Old 07-06-2002, 04:06 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes boogreism is not a permanent condition. You just need something to reverse the spell. That something is located in the Boogre prison. BTW boogre drink can get you into stout the mines as well as the writ.
Hope this helps a little and Happy Gaming! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

[ 07-06-2002, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 07-06-2002, 10:30 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi morgain!!!

Seems to me that I recall killing the "beast" during the day. The trigger, as I recall, is finding the writ on the burnt body (between the Spire and the Mines in an inlet in the forest - map in Best Tips thread blah blah blah).

Look for an idol at the "end" of the Boogre Caves to set your party right again! (not the one with all the fire and nifty rewards to hand out if you give it Boogre Brew - you did that, right??).

Hope you are making progress!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 09:35 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Idol you are looking for to reverse the spell is in the begining I think. but you turn left at some point. and it leads you by where grunaxe was. Don't go all the way down there. Make sure you have the eye. And here is a hint make sure to have your guard up and have a Storm Spell Ready if you catch my drift.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:30 AM   #8
morgain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I've seen the Stout Mines and I'm not dead !! I found rather quickly (thks the map !) the burned body and I did it quite easily.

A lot of thks for the advices regarding Booger Prison. I'm going to visit again the nice fellows : Sunday afternoon, it's a good day to see the family.

bybye