Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
Grendal
Manshoon

As some of you will know Im pretty new here. I stumbled across this site while looking for info on Bg2. I spent the last ten years or so playing the Final fantasy and dragon warrior games on nintendo and such. Having my pc I got into Diablo which I thought was good, Diablo 2 which I thought was great and just recently finished Dungeon Siege which I also thought was good. So after a bit o research I thought, ok, Bg 2, Icewind Dale, or something else? Settled on Bg2.....Im not likein it that much! Anybody have any suggestions for something more Diablo like? Or is it just that im still feeling residuals from my last game and need to give it more of a chance?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:32 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You could try Icewind Dale II, it's a mix between Bladur's Gate and Diablo.

You would probably also enjoy Divine Divinity. It remind me a lot of diablo.

[ 06-24-2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 06-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

For Diablo-like gaming I suggest Westwood Studio's fun little game entitled NOX. It is from the year 2000 but you can still find it cheap. Also, I recommend Divine Divinity. The world is huge, filled with a main quest and tons of side quests, yet very much in the Diablo realm of a lot of fighting.

Icewind Dale is a major Dungeon Crawl with tons of fighting, but is a party type composition though many do solo the game. However, the very essence of IWD is Dungeons & Dragons in nature like BG1 and BG2. I'd start with BG1 myself to get the feel of the game and move on to BG2.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:59 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I second that
Old 06-24-2003, 07:08 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

You don't like Baldur's Gate 2? WOW!! You're probably one of the first people that I've met who doesn't like that game No offense, everyone has his or hers own opinion of course [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #6
Grendal
Manshoon

well like I said link its probably just residuals from playing the previous game...Im like that with books to...takes me awhile to get into one if Ive just finished a good one. It also doesnt help that I had the game for aproximately 5 hours and 37 minuits before my sisters puppy decided to use my game manual for her "house training" paper.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/beheaded.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]
BG is the BEST SERIES EVER! Mwuahahahaha Mwuahaha.
[img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]

[ 06-24-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 06-24-2003, 05:33 PM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey i also didnt like the first part when i played bg2.. (hate dungeon-crawl) but give it a chance it gets so much better ..also play bg1 first.. so you can understand the story line better as well as creating a cool character from scratch..

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-24-2003, 05:55 PM   #9
Grendal
Manshoon

Arrow

thanks for the input folks...I think maybe Ill go get a used copy o BG1 and see where that gets me. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement manual for BG2?
Old 06-24-2003, 06:50 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
thanks for the input folks...I think maybe Ill go get a used copy o BG1 and see where that gets me. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement manual for BG2?
Sure