Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 05:10 AM   #11
WillowIX
Apophis

Spirits, I took the liberty of downsizing your picture some. Here it is with pixels to spare. [img]smile.gif[/img] . You still need to host it yourself though.

[ 06-11-2003, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 06-11-2003, 06:25 AM   #12
Spirits forever

DID it work.......might have..... must have cause i did all you said...so it should...riht

Old 06-11-2003, 06:42 AM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
DID it work.......might have..... must have cause i did all you said...so it should...riht
OK now it works for you BUT it is too large! The allowed size is 155*225 pixels. Yours is 200*264. You need to downsize it!
Old 06-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #14
Spirits forever

ummm....how do i do that again???

Old 06-11-2003, 06:01 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
ummm....how do i do that again???
Willow already resized it for you, look up.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:44 AM   #16
Lovisa
Manshoon

I've got a question, if u have the picture on ur own computer and it's not on the internet, how do u do then?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:11 AM   #17
Spirits forever

Ok isee the smaller one but how do i put that in my sig? and what do you mean by i need to host it?

Old 06-12-2003, 06:45 AM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Ok isee the smaller one but how do i put that in my sig? and what do you mean by i need to host it?
To "host" means to upload the image to a provider that allows remote linking. You link to http://www.paradigm-ent.com in your sig (that's where your picture is on the net so to speak). What you do is you save the image to your hard drive, then you upload the image to the provider. Then you simply change to the new URL. If you can't host it yourself there are several nice people here on IW who can do it for you. I have a bandwidth limit on my hosting account and I'm already close to that limit.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:07 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Spirits forever, your sig pic is still too large. Please comply with the rules and reduce it. If you need help, I'm sure someone on GD can reduce it for you or show you how to do it yourself.

This is from the Rules and Regs (button near top of the forum)

Quote:
Be Sig Smart: The larger your image in your sig, the longer it takes for others to load it. Don't forget, MANY people still use dial-up internet, and huge images take a LONG time to download. we allow the following as per signatures:

We allow up to 2 Images in your sig. But, we prefer you use 1 or combine the 2 into one image. If you use 1 image in your signature, you are allowed the image resolution to be 225x155, and no more than 150Kb in size. This NEW Size will take effect on January 27th 2002. Anyone before that time will still be allowed to keep their slightly larger sig.

If you wish to use 2 images, both images must be no larger than 280x220 combined in resolution, and 150Kb in size as well. Your text sig or 'tagline' must not exceed 300 characters as well.

If you do not follow these rules, your profile may be edited, your image removed and account profile locked out to modification.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #20
Spirits forever

am i allowed to use gifs
like animated ones