Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 03:05 AM   #71
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Bardan the Slayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
wow, I just figured out my 3 year old is really smart [img]smile.gif[/img] never payed attention to this before, but she has been talking, since she was 17 months, and has gotten to the point that you can actually have a convo with her,
By the time she's 4, look for her to be putting together 8 or 9 word sentences, having a vocabulary of about 1,500 - 2,000 spoken words, and holding conversations where she discusses dreams, fantasies, and things that haven't actually happened - abstract ideas. If she does this, she'll be right on schedule [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Hey,That's more than my sister can do most of the time! She's 16.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:44 AM   #72
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

dizzy you are right. that sucks...

hey everyone.. pooped i am. had to buy some parts for the car (name the rack end and the tie rod end...) problem is it takes long to fix and we didn't have the time so I will have to wake up 7 am so we can finish the job first thing. am glad Diablo II patch 1.10 is already out, and that my PC tower is jet black... man my eyes are heavy... what's a good PC chair...

hey... I have a question: What are your PC chairs? I mean is it the typical computer chair, or is a lazy boy, or something... I think I need a more comfy chair since I play games, do homework, write my work in this PC... what do you guys think?
Old 10-31-2003, 04:53 AM   #73
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

It's raining men Chocs.

Anyone else notice it? Where did Choc get the Vampire teeth?

Oh, and no more comments on my absolutely genius first post? Pay appropriate homage! [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 04:57 AM   #74
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
It's raining men Chocs.

Anyone else notice it? Where did Choc get the Vampire teeth?

Oh, and no more comments on my absolutely genius first post? Pay appropriate homage! [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]
Yeah I noticed that too. Looks cool. So how is everybody doing?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:02 AM   #75
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Hi all, and everybody else too, for that matter.

Been slightly busy the last year or so, but have managed to get around every so often, glad to see so many folks still here, and wondering about the rest that I have not seen...

Big first year back in the advertising racket, made my year budget back in july, am currently engaged in office warfare with some of the 'old guard' who's overinflated sense of self importance I managed to let some of the air out of, believe it or not, I am being harrassed by this itty-bitty woman who has been with the company for almost 10 years, an ongoing campaign of slander, misinformation, job persecution, and outright interference - I'm talking about throwing away my mail at the office, and taking calls for me while I am out of the office, and telling the caller that I am not 'authorized' to deal with what they are calling about, and referring them to someone else. It has gotten to the point that the state mgr. came to our town the other day to tell us to 'play nice together' - until I started telling him about some of the things that had happened. No one really takes seriously the things going on, and my direct mgr has even joked to me about being able to take care of myself in a fracas with this person.
...very well...
have been collecting paperwork examples of how through her interference, rules come down from on high for 'our' department - even though I am the only one who gets reminded of them, or that they seem to apply to.
...Sandy suggested requesting in writing these 'rules', to determine if they apply only to me, and then documenting how differently they are applied.
What a pain in the arse!
All I want to do is sell and have some fun, and this little toad is so warped that she has let me assume as much importance in her life as her job. -0-
...so be it... going to be relocating to colorado as soon as I get moneyd up, and at that time, am going to have it out by dropping man-hole sized dime on her pointy little head. right around the holidays, to add to her holiday cheer.
and to clear up whether I am exaggerating or not, this is a statement she made in front of other reps from the company: "Hate you? F*cking hate you wish you would quit and go away, f*cking hate you and wish you would die" (she gets a little voluble when soused, the dear little wino does)

She does like to drink, and because we often end up at the same social/societal events, I was thinking of trying to get her really drunk, because for some reason, I just make this person loose it. either that or something to dose her drink with, so that she really gets publicly blotto...or, just waiting until after some soiree, to see when she leaves, and calling the local constabulary 'as a concerned citizen' when she drives her volvo station wagon home drunk...she would be hard-pressed to work as a salesperson without a vehicle or license...

I would love to hear some of the inventive things youse guys and gals have seen or done to evil co-workers...but the shoe polish on the phone, superglueing her drawers shut kind of thing is way too amateurish for this psycho, 'cause it is obviously the act of someone else. I'm talking more along the lines of bending in the stops on her top file cabinet drawer, so when she next wrenches it out to let it slam on the stops, it just keeps on going and squashes her like the bug she is. (did i mention moving most of the files into the top drawer, to make it top heavy enough so that even if the drawer itself does'nt come all the way out, the cabinet itself could topple over on her?)

but, I would really rather inflict a crushing blow on her public persona, infront of the people whe works with, her customers, and friends. Soooooo much more satisfying, so less likely to involve words like "fingerprinting", and "evidence"

anyone know of a good little tattle-tale program or bug I could load into her computer, that would duplicate any emails she sends, or word documents typed and sent? I know for a fact that she corresponds regularly with her co-conspirators in the state office, who have been helping her by messing up my client's billing, advertising flights, and even commercial production. - at least I took care of that one myself, I formed my own production company, and we have actually collected our first payments for commercials done!
check it out at http://www.montana360.com/twilite that is how my customers get to look at thier commercials in the developmental stages, and lets us avoid the hassle of transport media like a vhs tape or video disc.

pm or e-me with the better suggestions, or that keystroke counter program, because all I need to either get rid of her, or collect a decent settlement from the company for ignoring my requests to investigate, is an email that shows her carrying on a campaign of harrasment and interference. then we can move to colorado springs in luxury - or at least style!

and of course, the winning suggestion (the one that works) is also going to recieve the agency commission of 15% normal for my field.

heheheheh, I feel better already, and the best part is she will know what hit her....

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 10-31-2003, 06:22 AM   #76
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Revenge leaves a sweet taste in the mouth [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 04:24 PM   #77
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hugs to Dizzy and LB!!!

JJ, that sounds like one heck of a miserable co-worker! Mine's a royal pain, but she's never gotten drunk and screamed things like that...sheesh! Worst thing I do with my co-worker is expect her to do her job...hehe...she tries to palm things off on me and has managed to do it alot, but the last time I asked about something and she told me to do it, I flat out refused, telling her I had other things that needed doing...which she grumbled about and finally did what she was supposed to.

Good luck working things out with your nasty co-worker! I've found that staying the course is often enough to get them to crack in front of the bosses...just do your job and keep coming back (don't grouse TOO much to anyone, or it looks like a personal problem, not a work-related one and no boss will take your side if they think you're a heavy duty complainer!)...eventually she'll mess up if she's doing things that badly to begin with!
Old 11-01-2003, 12:23 PM   #78
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So, what are you all doing on All Saints Day?
Old 11-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #79
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
This might sound really really bad, but could someone remind me what All Saint's Day is? Something to do with the Catholic church, right? In that case I'm not going to be doing anything in particular. Just chillin at home.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #80
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I don't have any idea what All Saint's Day is either [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But I DO know I'm going to the AFI concert tonight!! aaah! *runs around excitedly*