Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 02:16 PM   #1
Lord Dread
Welcomed New User

I was thinking of playing "my own" party and wondered about some of the quests. If Imowen doesn't join me, does she still get arrested and do I have to rescue her? Also, can I still get the fortress if I don't allow anyone to join my group? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.
Lord Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] WELCOME!

1.Yes, Imoen gets arrested, and yes, you have to save her.
2. What class are you playing with?

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:33 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1) Technically, you do not need to rescue her. You can give two reasons as to why you are doing all this stuff. The first reason is course that you want to rescue Imoen, the second reason is that you want to seek out Jon Irenicus for revenge/knowledge.

2) I am assuming that you are a Warrior class and that you wish to get your stronghold, aka Nalia's Keep. You do not need to have Nalia in your group to get your stronghold, you only need to talk to her.

[ADD]
Oh, and pardon my manners. Welcome to the Ironworks Forums.
[/ADD]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #4
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

Here's another question that maybe you can help me out with - i wanna do a multiplayer character, and am unsure of which class quest i can do... I'm not sure how this works, so any info will be cool

my character is a fighter/cleric

thanks

oaxaca_dan
Old 12-09-2001, 03:17 PM   #5
Lord Dread
Welcomed New User

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

1.Yes, Imoen gets arrested, and yes, you have to save her.
2. What class are you playing with?

see ya!

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually thinking of playing a few characters in multi player. My main character from BG1 is a Ranger. But I would like to add a Sorcerer and a Monk to my party.

I was reading an overview of BG2 and noticed that Imoen gets arrested and I thought, gee maybe I should just create all 6 of my own characters just like in the olden days (Gold Box series' from SSI). I also noticed that there were lots of recommendations for allowing certain NPC's to join your party, so I was a bit confused as to what path to take.

I'm still not really clear as to how to approach the game. In BG1 I have made Imoen into an awesome character and I'm actualy thinking of using Shadow Keeper to turn her back into that character. Same goes for Minsc and Jaheira. Then again, there's some really interesting new classes in BG2, so I'm not really sure on how I'm going to proceed at this point.

Any sugestions are greatly appreciated!

╣Dread╠
Lord Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:15 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

For multiclassed classes, you get to choose either stronghold. For multiclassed Fighter/Something however, there is a bug in the game that allows you to get both strongholds.

There is no right way to play BG2, but the game developers did put the NPCs in there for a reason. They may not be as powerful as characters created by you, but they are not weak either and the interactions can be rewarding if this is your first time playing BG2.

Just my $0.02 worth. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:51 AM   #7
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

If you do make up your own party, don't make up all 6 so that you can still pick up some NPC's to do their individual quests. 4 or 5 is the popular choice.

If it is your first time around try Minsc and anyone he doesn't get along with. Fun times for everyone