Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2000, 12:26 AM   #1
Lily the Ranger

Miserable camouflaged levers!!!! This was the main reason I started my first game over after a day wandering the crypt.

Yes, yes, yes. You may kill Scabban (I saved a game that entitled "Scabban Lives" in case he friend was sore at me for doing him in and wondering if I should go away and allow him time enough to come up with a cure for the plague but not to take over the world).

The lever that opens the grating is in the room ABOVE it. The plan is that you kill Scabban (after having clear out this level), pull the lever and jump on in. (SAVE as swimming can be a pain in the nether regions!) My Scabban fell through to the grate level so I missed the lever in the room above because he was blocking it. My Scabban, how endearing.
Old 12-10-2000, 12:38 AM   #2
Elowin
Welcomed New User

Thanks much. Now I wonder what that darn button does then? Darn levers and buttons...
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 11:52 AM   #3
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I think the party is near the end of the Crypt/Asylum quests. I have found Scabban, who after finishing to talk too jumps through a hole in the floor and ends up on top of the closed grating a couple levels below in a pool. I found this grating earlier and could not figure out how to open it.

Around the corner in another room is a button on the wall that makes a sound as if it is opening up something but I cannot tell what--except it is not opening the grating/passage through the pool. I have talked through all the topics twice with Scabban. He does not attack me but I initiated it once to see if then the button would mysteriously open the grating so I could pass through.

Obviously I am missing something here once again. I don't know that we should kill Scabban at this point, at least because there is some talk of a cure and maybe that cure would affect his insanity too and the fact that he is not attacking us? I don't yet know how good/bad parties are registered in W&W but we are playing good and don't attack unless we are attacked first.

On the other hand I doubt the Wizard who gave us the Quest to find Scabban is going to hand us a vial to cure him which we have to take all the way through the Crypt/Asylum again--more likely we should kill him and that something will generate this happening when done.

Any clues on how to get us unstuck would be appreciated. If I knew what the button was doing that might help. I don't know what position I left whatever it does in at this point. Thanks again.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 06:15 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

Sorry! That buzzer, next to the chains, opens up a small crawlspace that is on your right as you head up the ramp towards Scabban's area, at about shoulder height. Lots of chests. Of course, now that you have pressed it several times . . . is the passage opened or closed? AHHHHHHHH!!
Old 12-15-2000, 12:24 AM   #5
Androo

I have found Scabban and spoken with him but for some reason missed the supposed wizard who gives me the quest to find him in the first place. Anyone know where he is?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2000, 12:46 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

The magic guild gives you this quest. If they do give it to you and don't recognise that you accomplished it (step out, step back in and have the character(s) who was given up front, give the fellow a minute to remember who you are, he should start acknowledging your deed) it MAY mean Scabban has reappeared and you have to do him in. Let us know which way it goes.
Old 12-15-2000, 10:10 PM   #7
Androo

Thanks, I'll let you know.