Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

What's a good tactic when fighting Sherincal? I tried several different tactics and spells, but she always runs away when she's at 'badly injured' and I'm then attacked by the others.

Maybe I shouldn't focus on her right away, but I think it's a bad idea to let her kick my ass while I deal with her helpers...
Old 06-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

First, make sure that you killed her main help teams, the Cult of the Dragon Necromancers and the Crystal Golem. After that, likk off the barbarians that are with her, and then pound her. The thing is, she can 'fly' and go to the top of the steps, while they are too slippery for you, so you need to hit the levers at the top of the stairs to re-enable them to get to her. Next, pound away at her like there's no tomorrow, and ignore the soarsmen and the Aurilites.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:33 AM   #3
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My tactic was to hit her at 1st so she run away, then nuke off the support teams.. once she's almost alone, get closer to her and use some arrows on her. This should get her attention and she'll come closer again to return a favour.. Run back to the point where you 1st encountered her, and once she's there jump at her with all you got. I figured this is the spot where she's most likely unable to run away fast enough to save herself.
d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:14 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

kill every one, including the soarmen, than kill her. Use MM.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Ihad absolutely no trouble with sherincal actually. Yes she ran up the stairs but so what? You can then proceed to pelt her with arrows from a SAFE distance! When she came back down, my trusty barbarians smacked her down fast.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:35 AM   #6
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

heh, make her run. when she does, stay back and kill off her support teams that attack. go and rest. come back and wipe out any guards on the temple steps. retreat, heal, return. arrows until she comes back down, then clobber her.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Summons sent down first ahead of you, to take the main damage and kill some of her bodygaurds. Keep summoning. Buff up and then lure some gaurds down the corridor to you. Pelt the ones at the steps with arrows, open teh stairs and beat Sherincal to death. Spells come to mind. Maybe a nice Holy Smite...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:00 AM   #8
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

My crowd jumped her right away and did some damage. After she ran, I had three of my PCs (cleric, wizard, rogue) pelt her with distance weapons while my three fighters (paladin, fighter, ranger) got busy on the ground crew. This worked really well and I didn't have to re-load. [img]smile.gif[/img]
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote