Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I needed XP, and that meant that I needed some guys who knew how to get me through some nasty places fast and safely. I go into the tavern and find a few mercenaries looking to get their swords stained and ask if I can tag along.

Pretty soon, we were up to our armpits in trolls and lizard-folk. I levelled twice tonight, and gathered many valuable items for selling later.

I took two more levels in Rogue, and made sure to take Use Magic Weapon as a feature. I still cannot disarm a trap to save my life nor even hide in a dark room. I'm working on it.

I had pictures, but they did not turn out. Maybe I dropped the camera when one of them stupid lizard youths was jamming his spear up my...

Anyway, the pictures were not as good as I would have liked, so sorry for not being able to supply one.

Thanks to those that made my adventure possible tonight, taking me places that I had never seen before and getting me levelled up...and handing over SEVERAL bags of holding! Holy cow!
Old 05-13-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Rat popsickles...ewewwwww...Now my big question is, a rogue gets a lot of skill points, why can't you hide?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Glad to see you are taking my advice, my friend Larry_OHF. UMD is your friend. And yes, hiding is good when it would help. Sadly, RTB, we were in the uberlizardman realm of suffering and beatdown. So even with hiding and moving silently, at the lower levels he won't get that bonus to sneak attack he really, REALLY needs to put those gank fools down through the ground for a while.

Glad we could be of some assistance, Larry. When I find that dagger again, Larry, I will let you know. Almost guaranteed my other character (the one in the inn first) had one of those on her. I'll try to get a few of those over the next few days and slide them to you. After all, with some of the characters I have, I won't need the daggers.

[ 05-13-2006, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My first 10 levels were in Fighter, and I took a lot of default settings, picking only a few abilities out for myself. When I started on rogue, I was just spreading things out evenly until I could decide on what abilities I wanted to qualify best on. I am only level 6 in rogue as of last night.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Which dagger are you looking for?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Moz was telling me that there is one in the game better than the two I have. I have the Drow Dark dagger and the one that Elminster found in the Shadow Realm...he told me about it and promised to hook me up with it since I am a dagger-wileding gnome.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well, that doesn't help much. The Ancient Dagger of Shadows, and the Drow Dark Dagger are about the best two, in so far as I have found. There is a Guinsoo +9, but it's not as good as either of the other two main ones. There is a mysterious +10 version of the Ancient Dagger of Shadows floating around though.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

RTB, the mythical dagger is...

[lesser]Sting +7
I mentioned this to Ziroc already. You see, the [lesser] version is actually a +11 weapon currently. At least two of my characters have them in their possession, though they never use them in favour of the Ancient Dagger of Shadow +9 and the Drow Dark Dagger. If you go to Level Twelve, there is a character there if you slay him you'll get one.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #9
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Sting is an excellent weapon.

My preference is generally 2 x Drow Dark Daggers. Occasionnally I switch to 2 x ADOS +10 when fighting undead - those are the two sets you want ideally.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was thinking that both Sting, and Lesser Sting were short swords, but there is a big chance that I'm off on that, as my memory isn't what it used to be, and I know where to find more than one of them. They have one drastic downfall though, which seems to work rather well for the users, but not so well for PC's. Darkness. While it allows the bad guys to sting you to death, it seems to hurt you more than help, at least as a weapon property. I have come up with one practical use though...