Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 09:18 AM   #1
Vampire

How does this game compare with: IWD, BG Saga, and NWN?

I mean is it like IWD only with NWN rules??
How does the Heart of Furry work? What is the xp cap???
I can't get it here in England yet...
won't have time to play... but i would love to explore this game...
Old 09-24-2002, 09:29 AM   #2
Vampire

why isn't there our all time fav spell time stop?????
Old 09-24-2002, 10:20 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

IWD2 is another Infinity Engine game like IWD and the BG saga.

I happen to love it. Unlike previous IE games, IWD2 uses 3ed ed DnD rules, instead of 2nd ed rules.

Read the following link for a "mini-review" that I wrote in reponse to a "Should I buy it?" thread.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=23;t=000193
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I love it too. In my opinion it's the best infinity engine game i've ever played and i'm enjoying it more than I did BG2.
I think there have been 2 main improvements since Bg2; A) The 3E rules (sleeker, smoother and allowing for overall better gameplay and B) The perfection of the Infinity Engine itself (compare this to BG1 and you'll see so much tweaking, feedback changes etc.)
I'm hoping if they do make another Infinity Engine games that they go and make something new and as big as Baldurs Gate - because with the level of perfection they have going on right now, it's sure to be a major hit.
If u aint got it get it quick
Old 09-24-2002, 01:50 PM   #5
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I *love* this game. As far as I'm concerned, the first IWD was a boring slog through a lot of hack 'n slash. This one is more like BGII - lots more roleplaying and puzzle solving - although there's still fighting aplenty. But IMO the fighting is more spaced out, and has more purpose than it did in IWD.

And I agree that the 3rd edition rules make for a much more interesting game - almost too much flexibility when you first start out (so many choices! so little time! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but a lot of fun once you get a little into it. I restarted 3 times before I figured out all the feats/skills stuff enough that I felt comfortable with continuing on.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote