Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 09:23 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Welcome to the most depressing thread in a while. The question is how do you want to be buried when your dead or alive if you wish but I can't see why.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

What kind of question is that? When I´m dead, I will not have to worry about it anyway. I don´t care. How about you?

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
debiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 10:16 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I dont want a furneral. Why should people come and say nice things about me when it doesnt mater. They never did it before..

I want to be burried in my familys ancestoral cemartery. Have my family and famly only.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
fable
Quintesson

I prefer cremation, personally. I've let my wife know my preferences, too. No prior ceremonies. I still recall with horror the minister who was brought in to say words over my father's coffin, never knew him, and uttered sanctimonious platitudes about his character that were so false they made many of us in the audience gasp and stare at one another.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 04:23 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

I always thought that was the only positive thing about dying... you won't have to worry about your funeral...
My only request is that they play the Imperial March from Star wars while I'm being carried out...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 04:26 AM   #6
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Due to religious beliefs i will not be cremated but buried and also, why the hell would you want your body to be burnt?!?!
Old 01-31-2002, 04:29 AM   #7
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
What kind of question is that? When I´m dead, I will not have to worry about it anyway. I don´t care. How about you?

I think it a fair question if a morbid one.
If I die I want to be mildly nuked and sealed ion an air tight lead plated plastic box.
The whole ideal of decaying just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 12:28 PM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Due to religious beliefs i will not be cremated but buried and also, why the hell would you want your body to be burnt?!?!

That's obvious - so the worms don't get to you!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:22 PM   #9
Charean
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Welcome to the most depressing thread in a while. The question is how do you want to be buried when your dead or alive if you wish but I can't see why.

Being buried alive seems ... something you would write a short story or horror novel about... oh, that's right. It's been done.

I prefer to be cremated and have one hell of a wake so my friends can get together and enjoy themselves and remember good things. At least, I HOPE they remember good things and don't poke fun like they normally do [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 01:49 PM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I want to have a roast. You know, where your friends get together and say some of the worst things they can about you, but it's funny. [img]smile.gif[/img] Or maybe an Irish-style wake. Either way, I want to be remember with laughter - not tears.

Then, I want to be roasted... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes, cremated. My family knows this and so it shall be. [img]smile.gif[/img] Half of me over the mountains, half of me over the sea.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: DragonMage ]

[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
DragonMage is offline   Reply With Quote