Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I was doing a project for History and started printing out the date for the timelione I was doing. Normally ,I LOATHE my printer, because every 1 1/2 pages, it will suddenly go nuts on me and start printing random stuff, but only if I do anything other than print a document.

So, it turned out my printer wasn't plugged in, and I plugged it back. I felt luckier than ever that the printer actually printed what I wanted it to. But there is a problem, Windows keeps popping up the "Found New Hardware Wizard." Each time I close the window, that little word bubble in the task bar says "found new hardware, Apollo p2500/2600 series" and reopens the wizard. I can't get rid of it, but I'm too afraid to reinstall the printer because then I'm absolutely sure it will backfire on me again. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying window?
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I suspect the only way is to reinstall it, amigo. The window pops up because Windows senses the device and can't find record of it in the registry. You could do a controlled Add Device (through control panel), but you'd still have to add it.

Perhaps someone has another thought... and one that doesn't involve trying to hack the registry to make Windows think it already exists.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

That's the job of printers... to be a pain in the butt.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Just let Windows do its stuff. Press next, and see if it automatically finds drivers (if you already have em installed on your computer). If not just put the disk in and make windows search the disk, and hey presto, you won't get that annoying little message again. Alternatively you could fix it yourself in devicemanager by doing the same thing.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

The thing is, I'm reluctant to do anything with that window because the printer WORKS. It works just fine, evern managed to print out all the pictures I needed for my project, I'm just afaid that if I do anything with the driver, it will start printing gibbrish like it's done so many times before again.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote