Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #11
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Welcome!!!!!!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 07:53 PM   #12
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I have heard of such episodes occurring in certain churches. It is called "being slain in the Spirit" and describes an incident in which a person is so overcome by the Holy Spirit of God that they lose physical control of thier bodies. I've never seen it myself, but my former coworker attended a church where it was a somewhat common occurrence.

Still, that is usually associated with certain denominations of churches that believe such events are necessary to confirm your relationship with God. Since this occurred in Mass (which indicates a Catholic church), my guess is that it was dehydration.

I don't know about the spasms - that is more common in epilectic seizures - but anytime you lose consciousness, it's possible for your body to experience involuntary spasms.

The girl should definitely go see the doctor to find out what caused her to pass out. I think the cause is physical, not spiritual.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:00 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The girl's been in contact with God, he gave her some bad news and the church doesn't want to give them to the public so one of the ministers changed into a doctor and said it's dehydration. It's all just basic conspiracy theory.

Anyway, wellcome to Ironworks, One against many.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #14
quietman1920

A girl was spasming uncontrollably on the floor after a divine experiance? Well my wife usually just kisses me and nibbles my earlobe, but to each her own...