Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 05:28 AM   #21
skywalker
Banned User

Geez. A number of people seemed concerned when I was trying to just stay away. It was nice that they felt that way, but not what I intended. What is intrinsically wrong with the notion that we would like Dio among us again. There have been others here who have said the same thing. It's our opinion and we have the right (I hope) to voice it. Don't we?

Wow, so much excitemant over a 6 word post! Impressive, little Cheetah!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-30-2001, 05:31 AM   #22
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Geez. A number of people seemed concerned when I was trying to just stay away. It was nice that they felt that way, but not what I intended. What is intrinsically wrong with the notion that we would like Dio among us again. There have been others here who have said the same thing. It's our opinion and we have the right (I hope) to voice it. Don't we?

Wow, so much excitemant over a 6 word post! Impressive, little Cheetah!

You sure slobbered a bibful there, baby!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club

Don't Dream It, Be It (Easy, - Just Keep Choosing the Same Thing...)
Old 10-30-2001, 05:34 AM   #23
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
You sure slobbered a bibful there, baby!

Ah well! When I'm inspired, I can slobber with the best of them!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-30-2001, 06:22 AM   #24
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
In your opinion. The forum has been fun for a great many people well before Diogenes of Pumpkintown visited.

A truer statement is "it's not the same without Dio.... ". Which it isn't. It's not the same whenever someone leaves or joins. The forum is a collection of individuals that changes over time.

It's also not the same as 'when we were looking at a blue screen on the old board' either.

However the forum certainly has been 'fun' with and without Dio. I regret his departure, but I support Ziroc and believe the forum to be bigger than one poster. If I wanted to have 'fun' writing to one person I would email or MSN. I post here because of the group. A heap of friends I have made that I can talk with at one time at times.

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a protest post Silver Cheetah.

Yes, in *my* opinion, Yorick. (I'm also acknowledging Cloudy and Saz's comments here!).

As I said in my post to Liliara, I spoke for myself. I don't see where I claimed to be speaking for the whole board on this matter?

If I jumped on every statement made on this board that isn't prefixed or suffixed with 'imo', I'd be a busy girl. Picky I might be, but I'm not that picky.

I was talking about the war forum, by the way, not the 'forum' generally, which I think you've assumed. Dio was around at the very start of the war forum.

Just to be on the safe side I'll be sure to stick 'imho' in every serious post I write from now on... (Or the ubiquitous 'just my 2 cents worth' which was so popular there for a while ..... )

------------------

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 07:34 AM   #25
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Why is it no fun without Dio? Is it because your backup is gone? Because he said things to invoke an argument and you could take up behind him, apearing innocent? I'm all for an all out debate on topics. Heck, I've even started an argument or two myself. Just curious of your answer.
Liliara? I think you are being a little unfair. YOU are fond of certain people in these forums, and you appreciate their backup for your opinions - if the posts I have seen are anything to go by.
Just because you disagree with the viewpoints of Silver Cheetah, Diogenes, and others does not mean that you should attribute to them motives you would vigorously deny if they were implied about you and your friends, does it? Be fair.

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 10-30-2001, 07:43 AM   #26
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

Just to be on the safe side I'll be sure to stick 'imho' in every serious post I write from now on... (Or the ubiquitous 'just my 2 cents worth' which was so popular there for a while ..... )
Nonono, dear! 'Imo' is QUITE sufficient! Since when has our family been 'umble'?
Let's forget Uriah Heep, lol! Not our style at all!

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 10-30-2001, 07:49 AM   #27
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Nonono, dear! 'Imo' is QUITE sufficient! Since when has our family been 'umble'?
Let's forget Uriah Heep, lol! Not our style at all!

Eeeeeek! Where did *that* come from!! The Uriah Heep fairies musta came in the night....... :stamps off to seek out the grovelling fairies, and teach them a damn good lesson :

------------------

Old 10-30-2001, 08:02 AM   #28
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

....um.....er.......

*clears throat*

Back to the original point.

To any who have left the War Forum, for any reason, why don't you come back and give it a try! It's a little slow now, maybe it will pick up, maybe it won't, but if you ever enjoyed it, enjoy it now.

If you don't want to that's ok, too, but it would be nice to have everyone back.

All are welcome!

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 09:11 AM   #29
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
....um.....er.......

*clears throat*

Back to the original point.

To any who have left the War Forum, for any reason, why don't you come back and give it a try! It's a little slow now, maybe it will pick up, maybe it won't, but if you ever enjoyed it, enjoy it now.

If you don't want to that's ok, too, but it would be nice to have everyone back.

All are welcome!

Sorry Ron, slid a little way off topic there, just for a second!! BTW, I *have* posted a post or two, - you smooth talker, you.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 09:15 AM   #30
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Sorry Ron, slid a little way off topic there, just for a second!! BTW, I *have* posted a post or two, - you smooth talker, you.....

A Silver Tongued Devil can work wonders with a Silver Cheeta

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."