Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2003, 11:05 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

2 things to say about this game

1: GREAT Scripting, everything down to the indigeonouse animals eating eachother worked out flawlessly

2: OMG Those Fire Effects Rock!

Ok 3 Negative things:

1: No multiplayer - You may as well call this the sequel to Deus Ex

2: No Level Editor

3: Unreal Tournament 2003 Had the Karma engien for Dead bodies, the way they could flop around and frags weren't that easy to make... You know just seemed more realistic...

Ok back with the positives

1: Wonderfull models on everything, even the 2-D textures had 3-D qualities, if you looked at a keyboard from one angle which was a texture the shadows on it would switch when you looked at it from another angle, making it apear as if it was a 3-d object, Wondefull stuff there...

2: Plenty of Easter Eggs, the giant abraham lincolin head was a little too much [img]tongue.gif[/img] but still had the Funnay! And the "Greatest Sit Coms of the 20th century" sitting in ne'ban's room uner his "Let's Learn ENGLISH" disk [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think of all the guys on the ship I liked Ne'ban the most [img]tongue.gif[/img] "You have Violated Warranty!" "Shut up already!"

More Negatives:

Voice acting... I though the UT2003 Announcer was bad, at least there's a PATCH for that! guuhhh....

Normal mode: Why are the Skarj so strong? Perhaps they are too strong? Is it just me or were the "ultimate machines" actually easier to kill than them or what? Anyway,..

Positivies again:

Giant Freakin' Spiders! Ok on their own they're kind of dull but HEY! you had the flame thrower! W00t!

THe Planet that was alive! that was totally awesome!

Negatives:

WHERE IS MY 8 BALL!!!!

What the artifacts did... You'll see when You get to it...

The Uberness of this weapon:

I won't spoil anything but let's just that that that green blob WAS the most powerfull oponent in the game, for about 3 seconds... and then He got to meet the event horizon of a small black hole... and that's on Hard mode...

Conclusion:

All-in-all a great game with a great story and visuals, the voices were a little lacking and many of the weapons were just for filler, like all those darned grenades in your launcher, just give me My FREAKIN 8 Ball! The railgun was kind of ok and the reloading thing almost seemed foreign to me, but whatever it was nice, I loved the sound effects, very original and well done, sometimes they were a big over-done, like the noise that guy made when choking must've been played abotu 15 times in the whole 9 levels of the game, the sniper rifle was alot better than the one in UT2003, but it also had alot of annoying little things in the scope which prevented the player from seeing properly, the effect on the sniper rifle itself wasn't the most satisfying but hey let's face it, the scripting in this game was amazing down to the tiniest facial animation, and I LOVED the fire effects, but i've ever seen, so if you want a game just for eye-candy and a great story (sounds like halo) alone then this is the one for you, if you liked halo you'll like this, you'll even notice a few reminiscant things... OH and the soundtrack was down-right freaking awesome! Now why can't they make something that lets you move all them usic from this to UT2003, Honestly [img]tongue.gif[/img]

all-in-all a great game which I wouldn't have normally considered to be "Unreal" but it was, and when you look at Unreal 1 in comparison to this one, the game had a gigantic leap, I mean it freakin' jumped the canyon like Ben in Full Throttle after escaping the cave fish and riding off to the Corley Headquarters to save the PoleCats Gang... err That's getting off toppic, well Just think of This Leap like his on his bike over the ramp with the booster fuel and hover fans, would ya' ?

And once again: Let's look at those great Fire Effects!

/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 03:47 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

wow, the graphic looks beautiful. looks like it need a more powerful machine. even more than what morrowind require.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:00 AM   #3
the mighty stamar

The same requirements as morrowind.

Morrowind has pixel shaders u2 does not. Morrowind has better graphics. It also runs slower.

U2 has world record load times though. Same with devastation and postal 2, for my computer several minutes each area. Frustrating to the point of not playable for me.

I think it means they need 512m ram but I havent tested it.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:03 AM   #4
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Looks pretty neat (and I guess my comp can run it then [img]smile.gif[/img] )... too bad there's no level editor.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:16 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

no kidding? same requirement? I'll try that out.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I'll stick to quake3 [img]tongue.gif[/img] remember playing that in band class ian ha ha your dad was getting so mad [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar:
U2 has world record load times though.
Yeah I know I was able to load most stages in like 4 seconds but the ship took a whopping 25 !

anyway, not to get off topic, but for Unreal Tourney 2003 I've now got a custom announcer voice pack that I made [img]tongue.gif[/img] And guess who the voice is...

That's right... It's ME!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/wtsampson/Neo%20Announcer.zip <---Download it here